i can't connect deco m5 router mode to my ps4, i have to connect it as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

i can't connect deco m5 router mode to my ps4, i have to connect it as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-11 18:32:00
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

i want to connect my ps4 to the deco m5 as router but doesnt allow me, i was able to connect via deco access point only, any suggestions on how i can connect it as router mode

Options
14 Reply
Re:i can't connect deco m5 router mode to my ps4, i have to connect it as access point
2019-05-12 08:43:24 - last edited 2019-05-12 08:43:59

Wired or wireless connection?  Are you using ‘easy’ or ‘custom’ settings on your ps4?  If custom, are your settings valid for the network range that the Deco is using?  

When you say it doesn’t allow you, what do you mean?  Do you get an error?  Wifi connection failure?  No IP address?  

Sorry to be all questions, but without knowing what’s going on it’s hard to propose a fix...

Options
Re:i can't connect deco m5 router mode to my ps4, i have to connect it as access point
2019-05-13 01:03:06

Hi,

We will get some details to give you a specific answer and try to fix it.

How do you connect the PS4 to the Deco? By wired cable or wireless? What about other devices? Like cellphone or laptop, are they able to join the Deco M5?

What do you mean by it does not allow you? Is there any error message? 

What is the Deco access point? You can connect your PS4 to it successfully? 

Besides, have you ever contacted the tech support of PS4  to get some help yet? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-11-15 16:28:18

@OrtegaCabo i just set my deco mesh up and I'm having the same problem.

I tried both wireless and wired mode and it just keeps giving a DNS error.

I used easy settings and afaik I'm not using any special DNS.

Options
2019-11-19 09:55:04

@raheeljessa 

Try to disable fast roaming when Deco M5 works in router mode.

And is there any error message indicates that you cannot connect the PS4 to the Deco? 

Try to disable 5GHz and enable 2.4GHz only to give it a go also.

Options
2019-11-19 10:59:59

@OrtegaCabo after playing around with the setting in the app and the PlayStation itself i found that the best and easiest way to make it work is by actually setting the DNS on the PS4 to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 or whichever you prefer.

Netflix works and so does the store and hopefully all games.

It just works!

Options
2019-11-20 03:16:37

@raheeljessa 

It is great to know that, thanks for your feedback.

Now you can enjoy the internet with the Deco M5.

If need more help, please be free  to let us know.

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-20 03:31:45

@Kevin_Z sucks that TP Link didn't have a solution ready and was seemingly unaware of the problem.

I hope it's rectified in firmware updates. 👍

Options
2019-11-21 05:54:53

@raheeljessa 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here; actually we do not have such feedback yet that the PS4 cannot connect  to the Deco in router mode, and even there was, we fixed it by disabling fast roaming first, or enable 2.4GHz only. 

While cause you have this issue, we will keep working on it and try to improve the whole performance of the Deco via the firmware upgrade. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-21 10:20:25

@OrtegaCabo Hi, i am facing same issue with deco m5 router. I bought it from a local shop here. Let me know if you get this resolved so i can do the same.

Looking forward to hear it. Thanks! 

Options
2019-12-24 07:05:38

@OrtegaCabo 

Hi, did you get it resolved? please let me know, one of my friend is also facing the same issue and i am looking for a solution. Thanks

Options