Archer D7 WIFI crash after some time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-12 20:54:30 - last edited 2019-05-13 02:00:10
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.0 0.9.1 v0051.0 Build 180705 Rel.52389n

HI, i have a TP-Link Archer D7 V1, i configure only 2.4Ghz but afeter some time the wifi crash, the LAN works fine but i lost every communication with WIFI, i am using the lastest firmware but nothing resolve this problema. Someone knhow how to solve this bug ?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer D7 WIFI crash after some time
2019-05-13 01:59:59 - last edited 2019-05-13 02:00:10

Hi,

Is it Archer D7 V1?

What about the light status when you lost the wifi connection; and is it still connected to the wifi at that time? Or it is connected but no internet access? 

Do all the devices have the same issue? How often it happens? And how do you get it back to work after that? 

Have you ever changed any wifi settings yet? Like wireless channel and channel width for 2.4GHz? 

Note: You can fix channel as channel 1, 6 or 11; channel width as 20MHz. 

Meanwhile, when and where did you buy this router? 

Thanks in advance and have a nice day. 

BrunoBastos wrote

HI, i have a TP-Link Archer D7 V1, i configure only 2.4Ghz but afeter some time the wifi crash, the LAN works fine but i lost every communication with WIFI, i am using the lastest firmware but nothing resolve this problema. Someone knhow how to solve this bug ?

Options
Re:Re:Archer D7 WIFI crash after some time
2019-05-13 09:22:09

All the equipment in the wifi is with signal of connected, but it does not navigate in anything. The devices that are connected in the LAN continue to operate normally. What I realized was that by changing any configuration in the WIFI session in the router through a device in the LAN it is already working again, as if it gave a restart in the signal. So the problem is probably in the router software.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer D7 WIFI crash after some time
2019-05-14 02:55:57

Hi,

What is the current firmware version of the Archer D7?

Cause only the wireless devices have the unstable connection issue, have you ever changed the wireless settings yet? If not, please give it a go. Change channel to 1, 6 and 11; channel width to 20MHz.

Besides, when and where did you buy this device?

Good day. 

Options
2019-05-14 08:22:27 - last edited 2019-05-14 08:23:20

iam also having the same issue. current firmware is 160216. a new firmware is available on TPLink AU site. Can we upgrade to new firm

Options
2019-05-15 02:17:38

Hi,

Please notice the release note. It is not suggested to update the firmware posted on AU official website. 

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/archer-d7/#Firmware

Meanwhile, for the wifi unstable connection issue, you can change another wireless settings to give it a go. 

Besides, when and where did you buy this device. 

Have a nice day. 

R.A.M wrote

iam also having the same issue. current firmware is 160216. a new firmware is available on TPLink AU site. Can we upgrade to new firm

Options
2019-05-15 19:59:32

I already try change the configuration of WIFI, but same problem. If i just change the 20Mhz to 40Mhz after crash, its works, after sometime crash again, and i change 40 to 20Mhz and works again and crash ... i really desapointed with this router

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer D7 WIFI crash after some time
2019-05-16 07:38:22

As per confirmation from TP Link AU support team email

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

Please notice the release note. It is not suggested to update the firmware posted on AU official website. 

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/archer-d7/#Firmware

Meanwhile, for the wifi unstable connection issue, you can change another wireless settings to give it a go. 

Besides, when and where did you buy this device. 

Have a nice day. 

R.A.M wrote

we can upgrade the firmware from AU site.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer D7 WIFI crash after some time
2019-05-16 08:22:06

Hi,

I checked our email system and I do find yours.

You choose Australia as department/location and our agent suggests you to update the firmware;

While per I said before, it is suggested to upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. 

So the purchase location is important. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-05-17 00:55:59

Have you ever tried to change the wireless channel, like channel 1, 6 and 11 for 2.4GHz, and channel 36, 40 and 44 for 5GHz. 

And ensure the firmware is up to date.

If still the same and cannot be fixed, I think you need contact their tech support to check the warranty. 

BrunoBastos wrote

I already try change the configuration of WIFI, but same problem. If i just change the 20Mhz to 40Mhz after crash, its works, after sometime crash again, and i change 40 to 20Mhz and works again and crash ... i really desapointed with this router

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1427

Replies: 9

Related Articles