Lock-in QoS - NAT Boost - Traffic Statistics

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-13 15:52:54 - last edited 2019-05-13 15:56:57
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20180118 rel.38979

Hi all,

I've got an interesting lock-in situation on my Archer C1200 concerning NAT Boost, QoS and Traffic Statistics. Have a look at my screenshots below. NAT Boost and Traffic Statistics seem to be ON at the same time even though it shouldn't be possible, QoS can't be switched on for obvious reasons. However I am not able to change any of these three options. DoS Protection (which needs Traffic Statistic to be ON as a prerequisite) is also inactive.

Firmware seems to be up-to-date. 

Have you got any idea how to solve this mistery and turn off either NAT Boost or Traffic Statistics for starters? Thanks!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Lock-in QoS - NAT Boost - Traffic Statistics
2019-05-14 07:56:32

Hi,

With NAT Boost enabled, the traffic won't go through CPU anymore, so that it is unable to limit the traffic via QoS or monitor the volume of internet traffic statistics.

May it help and have a nice day. 

naghual wrote

Hi all,

I've got an interesting lock-in situation on my Archer C1200 concerning NAT Boost, QoS and Traffic Statistics. Have a look at my screenshots below. NAT Boost and Traffic Statistics seem to be ON at the same time even though it shouldn't be possible, QoS can't be switched on for obvious reasons. However I am not able to change any of these three options. DoS Protection (which needs Traffic Statistic to be ON as a prerequisite) is also inactive.

Firmware seems to be up-to-date. 

Have you got any idea how to solve this mistery and turn off either NAT Boost or Traffic Statistics for starters? Thanks!

Options
Re:Re:Lock-in QoS - NAT Boost - Traffic Statistics
2019-05-14 11:49:35 - last edited 2019-05-14 11:57:50

Thank you for your reply!

Now I understand the correlation. However the question still remains: how am I supposed to change any of the three settings when all the relevant checkboxes or toggles are greyed out? 

I would like to disable NAT Boost and start using QoS but the GUI wouldn't let me do it.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Lock-in QoS - NAT Boost - Traffic Statistics
2019-05-15 06:30:21

Hi,

With NAT boost disabled, can you enable QoS? If not. any error message? Please show us a screenshot as well. 

Meanwhile, below is the instruction to setup QoS.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1532/

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Lock-in QoS - NAT Boost - Traffic Statistics
2019-05-15 08:24:59 - last edited 2019-05-15 08:33:58

Hi,

As you can see on my first screenshot, the checkbox for NAT Boost ist ticked but greyed out so I can't click on it. As I said, it's kind of a lock-in situation.

NAT Boost apears to be on - I can't click on the checkbox to disable it.

QoS is off but the checkbox is greyed out because of an allegedly active NAT Boost.

Traffic Staistics appears to be on but I can't click on the toggle because it's also greyed out.

If I can't click anywhere, there is also no chance to produce any error messages :)

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Lock-in QoS - NAT Boost - Traffic Statistics
2019-05-16 01:16:40

Hi,

It is suggested to hard reset it by holding the reset button/hole first; while please notice that everything will become the default factory settings. 

After that, please test whether you can enable/disable these functions by your own. 

Besides, when and where did you buy this C1200?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Lock-in QoS - NAT Boost - Traffic Statistics
2019-05-16 07:22:24

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. It will take some time until I can try a hard reset, since I don't have the device in physical reach at the moment. 

I bought the router about a month ago in Bulgaria. 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Lock-in QoS - NAT Boost - Traffic Statistics
2019-05-17 00:57:56

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, just take your time to do that. 

Any updates, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Have a nice day. 

naghual wrote

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. It will take some time until I can try a hard reset, since I don't have the device in physical reach at the moment. 

I bought the router about a month ago in Bulgaria. 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 14522

Replies: 7

Related Articles