Problem with PPoE configuration after line was cut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-18 12:51:29
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version:

Hello guys,

Some days ago a thunderstom cut the ADSL line arriving to my house. After fixing it, the router needed to be configured again. 

Here comes the problem. 

I am starting the configuration for the Italian TIM line, and from everything I saw online it looks like that the connection needed is PPoE one. I started doing the Quick WAN setup, but it doesn't let me put the PPoE type of connection (it is fixed to PPoA). So when I put the parameters, I confirm and I always see that no Internet connection is working.

The line works but the router light for Internet is always off :( I dont know how to solve. I am a Networks newbie. If anybody (especially from Italy that has experience with Telecom Italia configuration) can help me, I would be really grateful. 

Minnione

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with PPoE configuration after line was cut
2019-05-20 03:03:01

Hi,

Have you connected the ADSL line to the DSL port of the router? What is the current light status of the router also?

For the connection type dropdown list, can you choose PPPoE manually? If not, please show us a screenshot of it. 

Besides, you can hard reset the router by holding the reset button/hole and reconfigure it.

Any updates, please let us know. 

Have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 1