Deco P7 drops internet connection several times a week

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-19 10:06:54
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 build 20181210 rel 34913

Hi, i'm having issues with my Deco P7, the internet connection works fine for a while, good reception and speeds and all, but after a couple of days, it goes berserk and I completely lose the internet connection until I shutdown all P7's. 

My setup is as follows:

Experia v10 router - switch - Main deco p7 cabled, in Access Point mode 

- switch - 2nd deco p7 cabled

- 3rd P7 powerlined 

When the issue occurs, all devices lose internet connection, including the wired ones. When I disconnect all P7's, internet connection sometimes restores, sometimes I need to reset the Experia too. The experia always shows green lights on the internet connection.

P7's are all up to date, I have tried resetting them all and reconfiguring the network yesterday, and the issue got even stranger. Today, some devices work fine, others are thrown off the wifi until you manually reconnect. I have removed wifi config from the devices (android phones) and reconnected them, but the issue keeps coming back.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Options
39 Reply
Re:Deco P7 drops internet connection several times a week
2019-05-20 02:14:33

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulties, and we will try our best to solve it by doing some troubleshooting. 

1. What is the model number of the switches? 

2. You said " some devices work fine, others are thrown off the wifi until you manually reconnect", so I wanna ask what is the IP address and default gateway obtained by the device which works fine. And do others disconnect the wifi connection and you need reconnect to the Deco manually? Below is the instruction to find the IP address and gateway. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

3. At that time, with these devices (which lost connection) connected to the switch directly, can they get internet, and what about the connection when they connects to the main router directly? 

4. Have you ever tried to configure the current router as bridge and setup Deco P7 as wireless router mode to test the performance?

Thanks in advance, and have a good day. 

Options
2019-09-20 20:45:56 - last edited 2019-09-20 20:46:41

@rooyevaar 

Exact same problem here. 

Our setup:

Experia V10 (Modem and Router) - Deco P7 main unit, wired connected to Experia - 2 other P7 units (also wired connected to Experia V10).

Deco's are in access point mode.

After a while (within half an hour) no more internet.

Also no internet on PC that is wired to Experia. Can't even access Experia web interface throught wired pc.

When i disconnect (remove wiring) from all deco's then (almost) directly internet on wired pc is back.

Deco's seems to jam the internet even when in access mode...

Problem seems to occure right after updating to latest firmware (today 20-9-2019).

Any ideas?

And no, bridge mode of the experia is no solution because this doesn't have a bridge mode.

Options
2019-09-24 09:10:07

@mee1123123 

Thanks for your reply. We can do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to fix it.

What is the led status of the Deco P7 when the connection dropped? 

In the meantime, with computer connected to the Experia V10, please click here to check the IP and gateway obtained by your PC.

And please connect your smart phone to the Deco P7's wifi and open the Deco app to verify the IP address of the three Deco P7. 

Besides, you can login to the web UI of the modem router to save the system log and export to us. 

Thanks in advance, and have a good day. 

Options
2019-10-08 07:28:57 - last edited 2019-10-08 07:33:41

@Kevin_Z 

I have problem with P7 too.

Main unit drectly connected to internet via LAN cable.

2nd unit getting internet from main unit via wifi and the 3rd unit getting internet from 2nd unit via wifi. All units firmware is 1.3.1 b20190704 rel. 46693

However I have problem with 3rd unit only. Led is green, and wifi signal is good between units (no walls). But when my mobile connects to 3rd unit, I can not get internet most of the time. I simply turn 3rd unit off and everything is great. I thing I'm having this issue with latest firmware. With previous firmware I haven't got any problem.

Please investigate the problem and fix it.

All the best.

Koray

Options
2019-10-17 11:15:38

@Kevin_Z 

I will try to get some logs. I have to reconnect all the devices for this. I will get back to you with that info. 
In the mean time, i want to try to revert the firmware to the previous version. Is that possible? I saw that the older firmware is available on the website, but will it let me downgrade the firmware. And how do i do this? I saw that there is a Zip file to download. But the firmware update we did was via the TP Link app. In what way can you do a upgrade without the app?

Hope to hear from you!

Options
2019-10-18 08:29:38

@mee1123123 

Thanks for your reply. Please take your time to do the tests and provide the information what we need. 

For the firmware version, cause the new one has added many new features than the old one, even though the Deco P7 supports web UI with the latest firmware, we can not degrade the firmware directly. And we do not suggest you to downgrade it, we can do further troubleshooting to locate the current issue and try to fix it. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-18 08:30:13

@korayus 

Has replied to you on another thread you commented. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-23 07:08:38 - last edited 2019-10-23 10:26:46

@Kevin_Z 

I am having the exact same issues. It doesn't matter if my p7 are in router or in AP mode. 

I have the latest firmware installed. All IP settings check out. Both in router and AP mode. 

Everything was working fine until the day before last then this exact behaviour started occurring. 

I noticed that the reporting in the app has a new layout. Could it have anything to do with that? 

I've currently ordered a mechanic from KPN to see what's happening with the experia box. 

I would really like a solution. 

Options
2019-10-23 09:32:07

@Kevin_Z In an attempt to reset the whole Deco network I removed both my 2 satellite Decos and low and behold, with just one deco running the network stabilized. Is the communication between the decos causing this issue?

Options
2019-10-23 10:26:32

@Kevin_Z Having tested some more. I've added both of the satellites back into the deco network. When I added the first (the farthest away from the main deco) everything kept running fine. No problems whatsoever.

After an hour I decided to add the final deco (in between the main deco and the furthest away one) and from that moment on, the internet connection started dropping immediately. I have now removed that Deco from the network and everything is stable again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 24835

Replies: 39