Disconnection from the extender randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-21 14:52:18 - last edited 2019-05-21 14:54:02
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi, I bought the TL-WA850RE last sunday, after setting it up from the tether app I had no problem, aside from logging into the tplinkreapeater site. I tried with lan and wifi on pc and wifi on cellphone too, sometimes it would let me login so I changed some stuff like led powering off automatically and the coverage from min to max. The problem started happening yesterday, while I was with the ethernet cable attached on pc from the extender, I started getting disconnection like while I was playing or on teamspeak the ethernet would go off and on automatically for no reason, like a reboot thingy, it would take like some seconds to get the ethernet back but it got kinda annoying since I would get disconnected repeatedly from the game. It kept doing it for some time, I saw that a led was going on and off like beeping too. Another issues relating my phone is that sometimes i'm connected to the extender wifi but it changes to the modem one automatically, or when I try to connect to tge extender wifi it says no internet connection, do you still want to continue, doing so connects me and after some seconds I can use internet. Hope I was clear regarding the issues, will wait for a response. (I did flush DNS cache and changed Hosts file on my pc too) 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Disconnection from the extender randomly
2019-05-23 06:45:07

Hi,

What is the light status of 850RE when you lost connection?

And how far away between the extender and main router? Have you setup different wifi name for it? 

Besides, it is suggested to troubleshoot and narrow down the root cause as below instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2233/

Meanwhile, we need get some details: like the stability of the wired/wireless connection with your device connected to the main router at that time, the hardware and firmware version of the 850RE,  the IP/default gateway obtained by your device when the 850RE lost connection and so on. 

Note: How to check the IP address and default gateway: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Thanks in advance, have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Disconnection from the extender randomly
2019-05-23 13:05:11 - last edited 2019-05-23 13:13:24

Hey, the extender is in a good position, on the 2ndfloor(router is on 1st floor), the position assistant says perfect signal, for the firmware I'll try to login into the site if it will let me, as for the led usually it stays on normally all lights and when it started going off and on yesterday I saw the ethernet light flashing on and off. Yes the extender and modem wifi have different names, I changed it from *name*Ext to another one. Since it started having those problems I turned on wifi on pc and connected it to the modem one, yesterday didn't give any problems, tho the problem with the cellphone persist. 

Update, will try the guide from the pc with ethernet when i'm on it, thanks in advance. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Disconnection from the extender randomly
2019-05-25 02:11:31

Update, after reseting both my modem and extender the problem disappeared, dunno what the issues was, probably something related the connection between them. Still after some tries these days the issue hasn't showed up, happy since it wasn't a major problem regarding my pc or smth. Thanks for your time, kind regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Disconnection from the extender randomly
2019-05-27 10:03:11

Hi,

Glad to hear that the modem and extenhder work properly now. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

You can enjoy the network now, if need more help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Good day. 

Simown wrote

Update, after reseting both my modem and extender the problem disappeared, dunno what the issues was, probably something related the connection between them. Still after some tries these days the issue hasn't showed up, happy since it wasn't a major problem regarding my pc or smth. Thanks for your time, kind regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2117

Replies: 4

Related Articles