C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-23 14:49:06 - last edited 2019-06-09 02:42:05
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 190403

Hi. I happily bought the Archer C9 for its Gb ethernet ports, to replace my Archer C60, which worked just fine.

The C9 disconnects randomly from my internet and the WiFi behaves bad as well. Can not login, signal lost and works only after a reset.

After a factory reset the box works for a couple of hours fine, but than the same trouble starts again.

Can anyone advice what is wrong or is it just full of SW bugs ???

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects-Solution
2019-06-04 15:21:49 - last edited 2019-06-09 02:42:05

Hi Kevin,

Removing the space in the name of the Reserved address Description did the trick.

Everything works fine now !

Thank you for your support,

Regards,

Eric

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects
2019-05-23 20:12:05
Connect your PC direct to the modem via an ethernet cable and test for a bit to ensure the issue is in the router. It is uncommon to lose the wired connection due to the router. Also replace the ethernet cable between the router and the modem and ensure a good connection.
Options
Re:Re:C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects
2019-05-24 11:12:43

Thank you. I will try your advise once more, although I have done all this.

And all just worked fine withnthe C60 connected exactly the same . . . .

Obviously I reconfigured the C9 similar as the C60.

Options
2019-05-27 02:01:40

Hi,

May I know who is your ISP?

What is the light status of the C9 when the connection drops out? Can you get internet from it via wired cable at that time? Please connect your device to the modem directly to do a comparison test as well.

Note: Please check the IP address and default gateway with your devices connected to the modem/router separately and show me the status-details page. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Meanwhile, at that time, you failed to login to the web interface and cannot detect the wifi network name on your devices right? When and where did you purchase it?

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some test and tell me which case you belong to.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Good day. 

EricSatu wrote

Hi. I happily bought the Archer C9 for its Gb ethernet ports, to replace my Archer C60, which worked just fine.

The C9 disconnects randomly from my internet and the WiFi behaves bad as well. Can not login, signal lost and works only after a reset.

After a factory reset the box works for a couple of hours fine, but than the same trouble starts again.

Can anyone advice what is wrong or is it just full of SW bugs ???

Options
Re:Re:C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects
2019-05-28 17:34:56

Hi Kevin,

My ISP is Amanda, here in Myanmar.

It is a 4G modem/router (Huawei B310-852as) they provide. All worked well with the Archer C60.

The modem was bought in April 2019 in Amsterdam.

I did the steps you recommended after another factory reset, and the C9 works so far. What I noticed, is that it takes quite some time before the Wifi locks to my Surfave Pro 4.

I monitor for a while and than setup some reserved IP addresses.

OK. Now I have defined/reserved 2 IP addresses and MAC's in the DHCP range.

Guess what, after some time I can not login anymore as the Wifi disconnects completely, both 2.4G and 5G.

Not possible to login anymore via Wifi, as the Laptop can not connect.

Tomorrow I will try to connect via LAN cable to the C9 first, than reset again and see if this problem persists.

Regards,

Eric

Options
Re:Re:Re:C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects
2019-05-29 02:31:14

Hi,

What do you mean by "it takes quite some time before the Wifi locks to my Surfave Pro 4"? Does it take a long time to detect the wifi name or to connect to the wifi? 

And you said "you can not login anymore as the Wifi disconnects completely, both 2.4G and 5G", do you mean the wifi network disappeared or you can detect them but failed to connect to?

Besides, if the issue still presists, please check the IP address and default gateway obtained by your device when the connection drops out; and try to login to the web page of the C9 and get a screenshot of the status page and system log. 

Please tell us the hardware and firmware version as well. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects
2019-05-30 14:59:55

Hi Kevin,

I have narrowed my problem down !  And it is reproducabble !

But now I need further support. I did the following:

1. Factory Reset, and did basic configuration, only to get Wifi and internet working on 2.4G and 5G. Internet via Wifi works fine.

2. Via Wifi accessing the C9:  Defining 2 reserved IP addresses in the DHCP address range, and Enabling them.

Now the Wifi cnnection to the C9 on my laptop shows 'no internet, secured'.

It is impossible to get proper internet connection via Wifi to the C9 again, and the opening-login screen hangs: The login screen starts building up (Color), but no login box.

3. Via LAN cable I can get into the C9.

4. I Disabled the 2 reserved IP addresses in the DHCP address range, reset the C9, and the Wifi cnnection to the C9 on my laptop shows 'internet, secured'. Internet via Wifi works     fine again !

So, what can you do for me ? Or what do you need to know in addition ?

Regards,

Eric

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects
2019-05-31 07:17:54

Hi,

After you reset and reconfigure the C9, both wired connection and wireless work properly? 

What is the IP address you reserved? Please show us a screenshot. And after you enabled the address reservation, if all the wifi devices cannot access internet from C9? What are their IP addresses and gateways? And is there any error message if you failed to login? 

Please try to ping the gateway of the router and ping 8.8.8.8; after that, please show us the test results. 

Besides, please try to change another web browser or change another wifi device to login to the web page and test whether it works. 

After you disable reserved IP address, how did you reset C9? Hard reset or soft reboot? 

Good day. 

EricSatu wrote

Hi Kevin,

I have narrowed my problem down !  And it is reproducabble !

But now I need further support. I did the following:

1. Factory Reset, and did basic configuration, only to get Wifi and internet working on 2.4G and 5G. Internet via Wifi works fine.

2. Via Wifi accessing the C9:  Defining 2 reserved IP addresses in the DHCP address range, and Enabling them.

Now the Wifi cnnection to the C9 on my laptop shows 'no internet, secured'.

It is impossible to get proper internet connection via Wifi to the C9 again, and the opening-login screen hangs: The login screen starts building up (Color), but no login box.

3. Via LAN cable I can get into the C9.

4. I Disabled the 2 reserved IP addresses in the DHCP address range, reset the C9, and the Wifi cnnection to the C9 on my laptop shows 'internet, secured'. Internet via Wifi works     fine again !

So, what can you do for me ? Or what do you need to know in addition ?

Regards,

Eric

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects
2019-06-03 15:14:40

Hi Kevin,

I experimentd a bit further, i.e. reserving the IP addresses outside the DHCP range. All is still reproducable.

1.  Disabled the reserved IP addresses, and all works fine (Clients are found, and can be reached)

2.  Enabling the reserved IP addresses, no clients are found. WiFi can not be reached, i.e. not working. C9 only reachable by LAN cable to re-configure.

Hope it helps to get this issue fixed.

Regards,

Eric

Options
2019-06-03 21:51:07

Try disconnecting in Windows, and then reconnect. I'm sure the router is just fine, it's windows messing up.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: C9 V5 internet and wifi disconnects
2019-06-04 01:54:37
Have a try to change the Description for 'NAS BackUp' as 'NAS_BackUp'. Please don't put a space in the description part. Have a good day!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2965

Replies: 13

Related Articles