Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-27 02:12:36 - last edited 2019-05-30 02:17:49
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I just bought a C60 and tried to disable access from 12 to 8am not to get any internet for my kids and that did not worked at all. Yes it can block and protech from listed domain but access time is completely useless. I tried rebooting, unleashing ip from dhcp you name it.

I am so disappointed as the main reason for me to buy this router to have this parentail coltrol and it does not work. Plus where are the traffic limit controll now like th eother old model? Now I have QOS? but I can see the other devices which I set to have only 5% of the speed are getting full badnwidth while I am downloading too.

TP-LINK YOU ARE BOGUS. and leading me to buy a synology.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!! -Solution
2019-05-29 07:09:27 - last edited 2019-05-30 02:17:49

Hi,

You said :" you add a url like facebook.com in the Parential control and now you can not access facebook .com from that device but you still can access internet", this is fine, because when you add the facebook.com into blacklist, during the internet access time(which you selected), you won't be able to access this website, but you still can access internet or access other websites except facebook.

If you want to block one device at all, no internet access, you need select all days(24/7), choose whitelist without any keywords existed to do that. 

For your last reply, it depends on the filter rules you choose, whether it is whitelist or blacklist; 

Besides, please notice that the internet access time does not mean you can access internet during the time period, instead, it means the parental control settings will take effect during this period. 

Hope I make myself clear. Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!!
2019-05-27 06:31:11

Hi,

Below is the instruction to setup parental control on the Archer C60.

If you want to block internet during a certain time, you can add this device into parental control list and select the blocked time, choose whitelist without any keyword, then the device won't be able to access internet at all during the time you selected. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1531/

Note: The internet access time is the period when the filter rules take effect. Not the time period you can access internet. 

May it help and have a nice day.

Options
Re:Re:Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!!
2019-05-27 06:50:29

I did that several times already. even at the blocking time I still can access internet from the blacklisted devices but if I add blacklisted website domain that get blocked.

I am using a real public IP - you want to get in to my router and test? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!!
2019-05-28 03:06:29

Hi,

What do you mean you still can access internet from the blacklisted devices but if you add blacklisted website domain that get blocked?

For the parental control, if you choose blacklist with website domain, you won't be able to access them during the internet access time.  But it still can access other websites not existed on the blacklists. 

You can choose 24/7 as internet access time and setup whitelist with no keyword, after that, you can test whether you can access internet with the device. 

Note: Theoretically you cannot access internet anymore. 

Besides, you can show us some screenshots of the parental control settings page. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!!
2019-05-28 03:20:16

1. I have setup parential control  added devices and set the time when they will have connectio and when I dont want them to.
2. I have saved the settings and for extra I rebooted the router. 
3. Now I check the device that suppose not to have internet conenction but they still can access the internet.
4. So I add a url like facebook.com in the Parential control and now I can not access facebook .com from that device but I still can access internet.

I hope you get the point.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!!
2019-05-28 03:26:53

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

What do you mean you still can access internet from the blacklisted devices but if you add blacklisted website domain that get blocked?

For the parental control, if you choose blacklist with website domain, you won't be able to access them during the internet access time.  But it still can access other websites not existed on the blacklists. 

You can choose 24/7 as internet access time and setup whitelist with no keyword, after that, you can test whether you can access internet with the device. 

Note: Theoretically you cannot access internet anymore. 

Besides, you can show us some screenshots of the parental control settings page. 

Good day. 

I have added my mobile under parential control - set the allowed time beyond current time and I still can access internet via my mobile

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!! -Solution
2019-05-29 07:09:27 - last edited 2019-05-30 02:17:49

Hi,

You said :" you add a url like facebook.com in the Parential control and now you can not access facebook .com from that device but you still can access internet", this is fine, because when you add the facebook.com into blacklist, during the internet access time(which you selected), you won't be able to access this website, but you still can access internet or access other websites except facebook.

If you want to block one device at all, no internet access, you need select all days(24/7), choose whitelist without any keywords existed to do that. 

For your last reply, it depends on the filter rules you choose, whether it is whitelist or blacklist; 

Besides, please notice that the internet access time does not mean you can access internet during the time period, instead, it means the parental control settings will take effect during this period. 

Hope I make myself clear. Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!!
2019-05-29 09:54:04

Kevin_Z wrote

Thank you so so much for the heads up. That is the part that I did not understood and now everything is clear to me.
Thank you again for your continius support. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Just bought a C60 and the parietal control access timer is not working at all!!
2019-05-30 02:17:20

Hi,

Glad to hear that I make myself clear finally. 

If need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1146

Replies: 8

Related Articles