Guest Network not working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-27 15:52:43 - last edited 2019-05-29 00:06:22

Hi,

I have an Archer C2 router I use as Access Point.

I will soon need to provide an access to the internet to an external device and I am asked to give the password so I want to setup a guest access to the Wi-Fi and internet.

The problem is it doesn't even connect. The SSID is present in the Wi-Fi Hotspots, the signal is excellent. I did put the correct password but no luck. It looks like nothing happens but from another device I at least see it tries to connect but seems to be rejected immediately.
I tried to lookup the issue and in my kind of config it says "Allow Guests To Access My Local Network" should be ticked. This doesn't help. I even disabled and reenabled the guest network and rebooted the router with no effect. I disabled  the security making it an open hotspot. It does not connect.

I have absolutely no clue what's going on.

Can someone help?

Regards.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Guest Network not working.-Solution
2019-05-27 16:32:23 - last edited 2019-05-29 00:06:22

OK I solved my Issue. I will give the answer should one go in the same trouble. I have MAC filtering active. It is my habit to do so but I could not see such setting under Guest Network. It is very unclear. The thing is the setting is respectively available under the 2.4G or 5G Wi-Fi setting instead. A simple note about it would have saved me time and efforts.

Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Guest Network not working.-Solution
2019-05-27 16:32:23 - last edited 2019-05-29 00:06:22

OK I solved my Issue. I will give the answer should one go in the same trouble. I have MAC filtering active. It is my habit to do so but I could not see such setting under Guest Network. It is very unclear. The thing is the setting is respectively available under the 2.4G or 5G Wi-Fi setting instead. A simple note about it would have saved me time and efforts.

Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Guest Network not working.
2019-05-29 02:02:59

Glad to hear that you solved it finally, and thanks a lot for your feedback. We have noted that. 

Hope you enjoy the internet now. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 777

Replies: 2

Related Articles