Port Forwarding won't work When I try to Make a Minecraft Server on Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-28 12:02:29 - last edited 2021-08-06 02:58:21

I know it sounds ridiculous but could someone help me out here. So I'm not sure on the problem if its with Port Forwarding or something else but is this correct on how to set up port forwarding???

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Port Forwarding won't work When I try to Make a Minecraft Server on Archer C7-Solution
2021-08-06 02:58:12 - last edited 2021-08-06 02:58:21

Hello @RandomFusion and all,

If you want to open ports on the TP-Link router for the local Minecraft server, please make sure the WAN IP address of the TP-Link router is a public one, otherwise you need to open ports for the TP-Link router on the ISP modem. Check the below suggestions:

[Solution] Open Ports for Minecraft Server

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding won't work When I try to Make a Minecraft Server on Archer C7
2019-05-29 02:11:44

Hi,

From the picture, the port forwarding settings is correct. 

Back to your case, what is the current internet IP address and default gateway? You can show us a picture of the status page. 

Can you access the server with the internet IP and port number? If not, any error message?

You can try to disable the firewall or anti-virus software on the server to give it a go. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Port Forwarding won't work When I try to Make a Minecraft Server on Archer C7
2019-05-29 16:45:11
I have a C8 and I had issues with port forwarding using the newer Green user interface after I upgraded the C8's firmware. After working with TP Link support, I went back to the older firmware with the Blue user interface. Now port forwarding works without any issues. I do not have Minecraft but do have security DVR and security cameras port forwarded so I can see them outside of my network. Some things to check. Does the device show up in the UPnP screen? Generally you need to use address reservation to reserve the routers IP address so you get the same IP address every time (192.168.0.xxx).
Options
2020-05-13 21:10:12
I think it will help for 100%
Options
2021-03-03 01:04:01

I was having the same issue on my Archer C8 latest firmware.  When I turned off the IGMP Proxy everything worked as it should.  Try that if there is an issue still and see what it does.

Options
Re:Port Forwarding won't work When I try to Make a Minecraft Server on Archer C7-Solution
2021-08-06 02:58:12 - last edited 2021-08-06 02:58:21

Hello @RandomFusion and all,

If you want to open ports on the TP-Link router for the local Minecraft server, please make sure the WAN IP address of the TP-Link router is a public one, otherwise you need to open ports for the TP-Link router on the ISP modem. Check the below suggestions:

[Solution] Open Ports for Minecraft Server

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-26 14:36:20 - last edited 2021-11-29 14:58:27

@RandomFusion  Hey guys. Did someone play on Minecraft servers for survival? Are the same call forwarding settings suitable for them? I am interested in servers from this list https://minecraft.buzz/category/survival. I once thought that I had already taken everything I could from Minecraft. And then it turned out that I had missed this option. I wanted to remember the good old days. Once upon a time this game really relaxed me, maybe now it can mobilize me, haha.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 20961

Replies: 6