Automation help?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Automation help?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Automation help?
Automation help?
2019-05-29 02:51:01
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just bought M9's and very happy so far... but here's a scenario that I can see happening soon that I would like to get ahead of the curve on. 

"Kids! I told you to stop watching those iPad and get dressed... now!"

I've already got them on their own group which limits time they can use them, but i was hoping that I could create a Kill Switch automation (triggered from App) that would disconnect that group from the internet. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Automation help?
2019-05-29 07:01:42

Hi,

Right now, you can setup parental control to limit their internet access, and for the automation, we will remind our R&D colleagues and then they can work on it. 

You can keep an eye on official website or contact us for more updates.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Automation help?
2019-05-29 09:07:08

Thanks Kevin. I played around a little and discovered that I can Pause internet to the members of a Group.

I was about to say problem solved but it would still be nice to have that functionally available via an automation or shortcut. Especially given the delay feature... "Hey kids, you've 5mins to lights off & bed" before the automation kills internet and lights simultaneously

Options
Re:Re:Re:Automation help?
2019-05-30 01:42:36

Hi,

Thanks for your valued feedback, glad to hear that you find a solution. 

For your suggestion, we have noted that and will remind our R&D department and will evaluate the feasibility. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Automation help?
2019-09-13 18:24:55
Yes. To pause internet access via automation would be great. Is this on the roadmap? Have a good day S
Options
Re:Automation help?
2019-12-20 14:50:12

@WhoMeYesYou I agree- is this on the roadmap?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1084

Replies: 5

Related Articles