Ability to disable DHCP in router mode

Ability to disable DHCP in router mode

55 Reply
Re:Ability to disable DHCP in router mode
2021-12-18 01:30:56

@glenb 

You need to upgrade Main Deco M5 to firmware 1.6 beta, which has an option of turning off Smart DHCP for Deco running in AP mode. See here: [New Firmware] Deco M5 1.6.0

Options
[Feature Request]Ability to disable DHCP in router mode--not accepted yet
2022-05-02 14:23:07

@TP-Link 

Disabling DHCP in router mode is a necessity.

Add to this the fact the deco is missing the ability to assign a domain search prefix or provide a separate subnet/dns for the guest vlan and you have a very half-baked DCHP solution.

These are basic features.

Options
2022-05-04 12:15:25

@GaryParr I agree, have some X60 and want (a lot!) to have the ability of turn off DHCP server in router mode ... let's wait TP-Link start to heard us ...

Options
2022-05-04 12:17:26 - last edited 2022-05-04 12:17:42

@spossidente We will die first, the universe will start contracting and then MAYBE TP-Link will hear its customers. It is all a circus....

Options
2022-05-26 16:50:20

@Svalius Even the Option to disable Smart DHCP in access mode is not working properly. I really don't understand why is it so difficult to just have the option to disable DHCP? DECO is really quite limited in term of options to configure. Hard to recommend the product.

Options
2022-05-27 06:48:31

@Decocanbebetter 

Hi, since you want to turn off DHCP on Access point mode, it is not related to the current topic.

You might be interested in the following post:

Smart DHCP on/off option under Access Point mode

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-08-20 18:41:59
This exactly! On my X60, looks like the minimum DHCP address range is 20 - which is totally arbitrary. TP-Link should allow that be to disabled or at least to set as low as 1 or 2.
Options
2022-08-30 14:52:03

Given that there is a bug where DHCP stops handing out leases, it's laughable that after three years they still can't put in a simple toggle to disable DHCP in router mode. Major buyers regret here. Where is support?

Options
2022-08-31 03:00:12

@Trumpetrhapsody 

Hi, nice to see you again.

The ability to disable DHCP in router mode hasn't been accepted at the very beginning. Since there is no intention to support this feature, so if there is any problem caused by this feature, A solution must be provided. Beta firmware might come first then the official firmware will be released later.

Mesh router is a little different from standard Archer routers. Some features you have seen on the Archer router are missed but new features are added accordingly. We made DHCP enabled by default in wireless router for the sake of the majority of users and there are certain situations user need to disable DHCP in router mode. In this way, Archer router is a better alternative.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-23 18:48:41

It really sucks that the TP-Link have us in the a**. I bought 5 decos and I lost my money. I will never buy deco in the future, but rather i will go to the Synology. No ability to control DHCP Server, No ability to control firewall. It's not a router it's a toy for kids. TP-Link sorry but I must say that - You are sucks because you have your customers in the a**! It's my first and last message on this forum. You can ban me, I don' care. But I had to told you what I think about your products...

Options
Related Articles