Deco M9+ and IP Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9+ and IP Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9+ and IP Camera
Deco M9+ and IP Camera
2019-05-31 06:28:58
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Having some issues connecting an Reolink IP camera from outside home WiFi network eg. 4G or other external public Wifi network. Have 2 IP camera, 1st setup was OK but the 2nd camera setup came out with 0.0.0.0 as Preferred DNS. The other camera which was successfully setup return with DNS 58.71.**.**

Think it’s the DNS not registered in the IP camera and it can connect back to the router. Difficulty is this IP camera has no LAN port, setup only via wireless link. 

Can please advise.   

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M9+ and IP Camera
2019-05-31 07:09:45

Hi,

What is the IP address of the camera? Does it work in the local network? 

Please ensure that it supports remote control, and you can try to change the DNS manually. 

Besides, you can contact the tech support of the camera to get some specific help cause they are more professional about their products. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-05-31 07:14:26 - last edited 2019-05-31 09:07:11

Hi, 

It works within the local network but not outside. How can I change it's DNS address because in the camera app, it can't be change. The last time I manage to link the camera outside the network was using a normal TPlink router with another range extender. In the range extender, I input the router's Gateway IP and Subnet then it works. Not too sure on doing changes within the Deco app.

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9+ and IP Camera
2019-06-01 00:58:31

Hi,

It is suggested to contact the tech support of the camera to change the DNS considering we are not familiar with it. 

Meanwhile, you can confirm is there any special settings need to be done on the router, like port forwarding or so. 

Besides, you can disable the antivuris on the Deco M9 to give it a go.

Good day. 

Options
2019-06-02 17:00:37

Hi,

Still cannot resolve the issue, even with Antivirus shutdown.

It could be due to the Deco app which has many limitations and minimal configuration available. Only the camera team that design the configuration app will be able to resolve this.

I am now putting Tplink's TL-R600VPN in front of my Decos which is now in AP mode. All IP cameras linked up nicely and all are now accessible outside my local network namely 4G. In the camera setting, can see the DNS is pointing to the router's IP. I have also tried Asus AC68U with the cameras and it works fine too without any hiccups. I guess any typical router will work.

I have notified Reolink's support team too.

Hope there is a solution to this. 

Thank you.

Options
2019-06-03 07:43:26

Please try to change the DNS server setting on the Deco to see how it works. Here are some instructions for your reference;

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1855/

If one of the camera still doesn't work when Deco is working as router, please double check with Reolink's support team that if we need to open ports for your camera or not. 

For further analysis, please kindly provide a network topology in your house. Please draw a picture which shows all the network devices and how you connect them. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-06-04 13:08:51

Thank you. Will try it out again.

Options
2020-05-09 14:36:29 - last edited 2020-05-09 14:37:37

@Kevin_Z 

I have the Deco M5 and Reolink Argus 2 Camera - same problem. In the Deco app, I manually set the DNS (from my internet provider) and now I can get push notifications from the camera, finally.

Options