install TL-WN823N under linux ubuntu 10.04 on a NUC EBOX-3310MX-L3U4 from DMP Electronics HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

install TL-WN823N under linux ubuntu 10.04 on a NUC EBOX-3310MX-L3U4 from DMP Electronics HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-31 10:14:49 - last edited 2019-06-04 11:54:45
Model: TL-WN823N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello

I'm trying for a customer to install the TL-WN823N on his NUC EBOX-3310MX-L3U4 from DMP Electronics.

Here is the page of the device itself if you need http://www.compactpc.com.tw/product.aspx?act=detail&id=85

I think the PCU and architecture is compatible with TL-WN823N

Ubuntu 10.04 is installed on it.

The USB device is detected but i can't succeed to compile the driver...

here is the log of the error

ecoluxpc@ecoluxpc-desktop:~$ sudo su
[sudo] password for ecoluxpc: 
root@ecoluxpc-desktop:/home/ecoluxpc# cd Bureau
root@ecoluxpc-desktop:/home/ecoluxpc/Bureau# cd linux
root@ecoluxpc-desktop:/home/ecoluxpc/Bureau/linux# cd Driver
root@ecoluxpc-desktop:/home/ecoluxpc/Bureau/linux/Driver# make
"******************************************"
"NO SKRC,we will use default KSRC"
make ARCH=i386 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/2.6.32-38-generic/build M=/home/ecoluxpc/Bureau/linux/Driver  modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-38-generic'
"NO SKRC,we will use default KSRC"
  CC [M]  /home/ecoluxpc/Bureau/linux/Driver/core/rtw_p2p.o
/home/ecoluxpc/Bureau/linux/Driver/core/rtw_p2p.c: In function ‘ro_ch_handler’:
/home/ecoluxpc/Bureau/linux/Driver/core/rtw_p2p.c:3634: error: implicit declaration of function ‘cfg80211_remain_on_channel_expired’
make[2]: *** [/home/ecoluxpc/Bureau/linux/Driver/core/rtw_p2p.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/home/ecoluxpc/Bureau/linux/Driver] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-38-generic'

make: *** [modules] Error 2
root@ecoluxpc-desktop:/home/ecoluxpc/Bureau/linux/Driver# 

Firstly when i just unzipped the driver and followed instructions, i got error about unexpected syntax, and i understood the " ( " in the filename of the folder was not liked by the compile, so i renamed the name of the folder to something simpler like "linux" and retried again the "make" command but i came up with this above pasted error...

As you have guessed i'm not a Linux guru, i just want this NUC barebone able to go on Internet before giving it back to my customer who had windows XP before...

so if you could guide me step by step that would be great

If we suceed i will offer a (50% discount available in my store :p (kidding... but why not...)

Thanks a lot in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:install TL-WN823N under linux ubuntu 10.04 on a NUC EBOX-3310MX-L3U4 from DMP Electronics HELP
2019-06-05 08:40:58

Please firstly check the operating system on your computer. we have driver for Linux (kernel 2.6.24 ~ <4.9.60). Please  pay attention to the kernel version. 

If the kernel version is between 2.6.24~4.9.60, please download the driver from the following link. There are detailed instructions in the downloaded file.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-wn823n/#Driver 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 964

Replies: 1

Related Articles