Unable to set device name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-04 10:57:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Please excuse, but I could not locate the actual hardware version.  

I have a large family and with a large family comes many new connections to the network by friends. As a result, one of my favorite features is to name all new devices that join the network so I know who is online at all times...it also helps me with parental controls. 

My issue is this ..I installed an Android radio in my car and every time I turn my car on, I receive a new device notification. The device id is always the same, and despite naming the device, it still always shows up as a new device.

I hope that made sense. The other side effect to this issue is that my offline device list has hundreds of the same device "android-2e2cD2890d2ad918"...which effectively makes the offline device list useless. 

Thanks in advance for any help of advise. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to set device name
2019-06-05 02:08:40

Press the device name in Online devices list, you will be able to see a Pen icon beside the name, press the Pen icon, we can change the device's name. 

Deco recognizes the device via it's MAC address, not via it's name. In normal case, each device has an unique MAC address. As for the Andriod radio, please check the MAC addresses showing in the notifications. It would be better if you could make screen shots once you receive the notification to record the MAC addresses. Please provide the screen shots for further analysis. 

And, if possible, please tell more details about your Android radio, is it an hardware device or just a software installed on your car? When you turn on the car, can it connect to your Deco automatically or you need to connect Wi-Fi manually? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1056

Replies: 1

Related Articles