Dual band router doesn't work as 5GHz repeater?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-05 14:39:48 - last edited 2022-08-01 11:40:59
Model: Archer C58HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20180717 Rel. 74530

Hello there. I'm trying to find out whether this router can be used as a repeater for a 5ghz network. Being dual band and "high power", one would think it should easily do that, but when I set it as repeater in the GUI, it will only allow me to select among 2.4GHz signals, and won't "see" any 5GHz. There's no version of this menu for a 5GHz host network:

I can manually insert the 5GHz SSID in the "2.4GHz SSID" square, and it will even be saved, but -of course- it won't really connect to it. Apparently the only possible bridge between this router and the access poit is 2.4GHz. See:

In another window of the menu I can turn/off on and set the SSID for an "extended 5GHz". But the fact that it doesn't say "Copy Host SSID" next to it would confirm that the router cannot work as a 5GHz network repeater:

Hence my question: is there a way to configure this router to repeat a 5GHz network?

Thanks for any help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Dual band router doesn't work as 5GHz repeater?-Solution
2019-06-06 02:30:00 - last edited 2022-08-01 11:40:59

Archer C58HP can only connect to the host router's 2.4GHz network in repeater mode. You can still have extended 5GHz network on this extender. For the 5GHz network name, we can change it manually to whatever we like, delete the current name, input the name you want and save it. 

Have a good day!

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Dual band router doesn't work as 5GHz repeater?-Solution
2019-06-06 02:30:00 - last edited 2022-08-01 11:40:59

Archer C58HP can only connect to the host router's 2.4GHz network in repeater mode. You can still have extended 5GHz network on this extender. For the 5GHz network name, we can change it manually to whatever we like, delete the current name, input the name you want and save it. 

Have a good day!

Recommended Solution
Options