parental control in archer not work !!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-07 12:20:55 - last edited 2019-06-07 12:22:26
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2

i follow parental control setup and put specific time to access but i does not work why . what is wrong with that

note* router time is correct 

Options
8 Reply
Re:parental control in archer not work !!
2019-06-09 02:09:19

Hi,

Below is the instruction to enable parental control feature on the C1200.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1531/

While please notice that the internet access time is the time period when the parental control takes effect, not the period you can access internet. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-06-09 14:28:27 - last edited 2019-06-09 14:28:48

i already did this tutorial but it didn't work ??? is my device has issue ??

Options
Re:Re:parental control in archer not work !!
2019-06-10 01:53:10

Hi,

Please provide more information as below to do further analysis.

1. The screenshots of the parental control settings page. 

2. The request you wanna satisfy via parental control.

3. To do a test, please add one device to parental control, select all days(24/7) as internet access time and choose whitelist WITHOUT any key words. After that, please test whether the device can access internet.

Note: Theoretically, it won't be able to get internet. 

Any updates, just let us know. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-06-10 02:19:36

Options
Re:Re:Re:parental control in archer not work !!
2019-06-10 02:47:00
3. To do a test, please add one device to parental control, select all days(24/7) as internet access time and choose whitelist WITHOUT any key words. After that, please test whether the device can access internet. I did this and works but when i did it again failed ..!!
Options
Re:Re:parental control in archer not work !!
2019-06-10 06:46:11

Hi,

From the screenshot, you select Blacklist without any keywords, that means there is NO filter rules at all. The device still can access any websites at any time if it wants. 

What I mean is that you select WHITELIST without any keywords to do a comparison test; and please clear the browser cache on your devices as well. 

Any updates, please let me know. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:parental control in archer not work !!
2019-06-10 18:11:09

finally it is work but the thing that i notice it takes long time to take effect :/

thanks 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:parental control in archer not work !!
2019-06-11 01:38:24

Glad to hear that it is working properly finally; thanks for your reply.

Please let us know if we can be of further help. 

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1444

Replies: 8

Related Articles