Archer c60 Reboot problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-09 20:07:44 - last edited 2019-06-10 22:25:11
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20161206 rel.60287

Hi everyone,

I bought less than a week ago a TP-Link Archer c60 router that is connected to a HUAWEI modem on the optical fiber. It restarts every 10-15 minutes. I can browse the Internet between restarts. I use a Tp-Link USB stick. I bought it to replace a PCI wifi modem that stopped working. I need help to fix this problem. Thank you.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer c60 Reboot problem
2019-06-11 02:12:40

Hi,

Please provide the information below so that we can do further analysis and fix it.

a. Any specific symptoms of the automatic reboot issue, what is the light status at that time? if possible, please take a short video and send it to us. 

b. Do you use the original power adapter? 

c. Have you ever tried to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer c60 Reboot problem
2019-06-12 09:37:55

Bonjour,

Dans un premier temps, je vous remercie pour votre retour rapide, c'est très apprécié.

C'est un peu difficile de prendre une vidéo, le router étant dans le salon et moi dans mon bureau.

A) Après avoir envoyé ce message dans le forum, le router s'est réinitialisé tout seul sans que je le fasse. J'ai refais la procédure de configuration du router. Depuis, il n'a pas redémarré pendant une journée, puis ensuite il a recommencé à redémarrer mais la fréquence est moindre, c'est-à-dire chaque 2 heures. 

B) J'utilise l'adapteur d'origine. C'est un modèle acheté neuf. 

C) Je n'ai jamais réinitialisé le router, cela fait une semaine aujourd'hui que je l'ai acheté.

En vous remerciant pour votre réponse.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer c60 Reboot problem
2019-06-13 02:59:00

Hi,

Sorry to tell you that we only provide English Service for Global users, so we tried to translate your question into English and continue to help you. Wish your understanding.

Cause it is inconvenient to shot a video, could you please clarify the specific symptom of the auto-reboot issue; Like the change of light status, whether you can access internet from the router at that time and so on.

Besides, when and where did you buy this router?

Thanks in advance. Have a good day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer c60 Reboot problem
2019-06-18 20:52:53

Hello,

First of all, I thank you for your quick return, it is very appreciated.

It's a little difficult to take a video, the router being in the living room and I in my office.

A) After sending this message in the forum, the router reset itself without me doing it. I redid the router configuration procedure. Since then, it has not restarted for a day, then it has restarted again but the frequency is lower, i.e. every 2 hours. 

B) I use the original adapter. It is a brand new model purchased. 

C) I never reset the router, it's been a week since I bought it today.

Right now, it is rebooting each 20 minutes. The Internet is working, but it is anoying to have to wait 2 minutes for the reboot each 20 minutes.

Thank you for your answer.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer c60 Reboot problem
2019-06-19 07:23:27

Hi,

Thanks for your valued reply.

May I know what is the current network connection type of the C60? Is it PPPoE or dynamic IP or something else? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer c60 Reboot problem
2019-06-20 20:15:56

Hi,

Thanks for the anwser.

It is dynamic IP. It is rebooting constantly again.

If you have a solution.

Thank you

Options
2020-03-27 16:53:52

@Kevin_Z I have same problem and searching the internet about it I found several persons talking about the same problem.

a. Any specific symptoms of the automatic reboot issue, what is the light status at that time? if possible, please take a short video and send it to us. 

Reboot and orange light blinks until turn al green and connected. Just using normal and puf, reboot. All the time

b. Do you use the original power adapter? 

Yes!

c. Have you ever tried to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole?

Yes! I reseted and configures several times and the problem persist. I think (and internet confirm) that is a hardware problem. Pshysical problem.

Options
2020-04-16 12:48:21

Team,

I too have the same Problem, Random reboot.

There is no specific time of the reboot, no way to capture the video.
I did try resetting the router still the issue persists.

Also tried replacing the adapter, same issue with nee adapter.
called my ISP to understand if there is internet disconnect happening, No - No drop-in connection from their side is what they say.

This seems to be firmware issue, Please send an update ASAP, this is hampering our work.

Options
2020-05-23 01:28:01 - last edited 2020-05-23 01:29:37

@Omertae 

Attempt the below, one at a time, to see which is better:

Feel the router, if the router is hot or lots of heat coming out, use a fan to cool the router, a regular fan or USB fan is fine.

Set the WiFi Transmit Power to low (if the setting is currently set to high), and see if this helps with the reboot.

I discovered that as the WiFi Transmit Power is set to high, the router draws more power and creates more heat, possibly causes the reboot.

-----

In French, via Google Translate:

Essayez ce qui suit, un par un, pour voir lequel est le mieux:

Sentez le routeur, si le routeur est chaud ou qu'il y a beaucoup de chaleur, utilisez un ventilateur pour refroidir le routeur, un ventilateur ordinaire ou un ventilateur USB est très bien.

Réglez la puissance de transmission WiFi sur faible (si le paramètre est actuellement réglé sur élevé), et voyez si cela aide au redémarrage.

J'ai découvert que lorsque la puissance de transmission WiFi est réglée sur élevée, le routeur consomme plus d'énergie et crée plus de chaleur, ce qui peut éventuellement provoquer le redémarrage.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2852

Replies: 9

Related Articles