Archer C6 v2 This operation is not allowed for remote management.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-10 20:53:51 - last edited 2021-08-19 08:25:42
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Hi guys, could someone help me, I'm trying to upgrade firmvare but after I press the 'Upgrade' button I got the message "This operation is not allowed for remote management."

The router is Archer C6 V2 (funny, but cannot find it in the model list above) and I was able to install two previous versions of the firmware, but not the latest one, how can I install it? 

By upgrading I'm trying to avoid problem with MS teams that currently just cannot work, right after I start the call the network becomes unresposible and lose 95% of the packet.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Archer C6 v2 This operation is not allowed for remote management.-Solution
2019-09-25 15:10:54 - last edited 2021-08-19 08:25:42

@Homoud The tech support emailed me and then we used Team Viewer to solve the problem so, wasn't really possible to continue here.

Actually the porblem was that I used the fromg firmware version, so check the Barcode and the bottom of the router and check the correct version, then make factory reset and try to update router with this version. Hope it'll help.

Any way, you can mail to the tech support and they will help, I'm from Ukraine, and the support team is in China, but it works!

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2 This operation is not allowed for remote management.
2019-06-11 01:41:33

Hi,

What is the current firmware and the firmware version you want to upgrade? 

Meanwhile, how did you update the firmware? Do it locally or remotely? FYI, it does not support firmware upgrade remotely. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-06-11 19:17:05

Kevin_Z thank you for the feedback!

Initially I had the version 1.0.2.

Then I tried version 1.1.0 and got the message "This operation is not allowed for remote management."

Then I tried version 1.0.1 and it was successfully installed. So I tried version 1.0.2 success again, but then 1.1.0 gave me the error message 

So my current vesion is the 1.0.2

All files I took from this page https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware 

All attempts I did using my laptop connected by the wifi, then I tried PC connected by wire, the same error appear. And I didn't find any other methods how to update firmware thn open the local router's page and upload firmware binary file.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C6 v2 This operation is not allowed for remote management.
2019-06-12 02:33:54

Hi,

Please connect your computer to the Archer C6 by wired cable directly and then open the web interface as the instruction below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1523/

After that, go to advanced-system tools-firmware upgrade to upload the bin file to do the upgrading. 

Besides, please tell me the build numbers which indicates the firmware. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-06-12 19:48:16

Dear Kevin_Z!

As you asked, I connected my PC using wired cable, then logged in using your instruction, then followed to advanced-system tools-firmware upgrade and then uploaded binary file, but still no luck, I'm still getting the error message.

Actually I did this before with the same result...

The binary file that fails is ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-1-0-P1[20190115-rel71848].bin (I think this name contains all information that you've requested.)

I was able to install the following previous versions of the firmware:

ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-0-2-P1[20180810-rel36826].bin - this is current version of the firmawart on my router.

ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-0-1-P1[20180627-rel42764].bin

Options
2019-06-13 05:46:12

Hi,

That is a little weird, our engineer will email you later, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.

Please wait a while until they reach out to you.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in advance, and have a nice day.

Options
2019-06-13 07:24:02

Thank you very much, I'll wait.

Options
2019-09-21 12:19:29

@Kevin_Z 

I wounder why you didn't continue the dialuge in this thread; as many will face the same issue. I personaly have the same problem and I failed to update the firmeware despite the many attempts.

could you please continue within the forum.

Best Reg.

Homoud

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

That is a little weird, our engineer will email you later, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.

Please wait a while until they reach out to you.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in advance, and have a nice day.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C6 v2 This operation is not allowed for remote management.-Solution
2019-09-25 15:10:54 - last edited 2021-08-19 08:25:42

@Homoud The tech support emailed me and then we used Team Viewer to solve the problem so, wasn't really possible to continue here.

Actually the porblem was that I used the fromg firmware version, so check the Barcode and the bottom of the router and check the correct version, then make factory reset and try to update router with this version. Hope it'll help.

Any way, you can mail to the tech support and they will help, I'm from Ukraine, and the support team is in China, but it works!

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-09-26 03:03:59

@Vetal 

Hello and thank you for your reply. With my case, the problem was the hardware version/region. I had to escalate in order to get the correct firmware. After getting the correct one, the upgrade went smooth.

Two points I would like to highlight: why it is defecult to search and find the correct firmware. Even when you try to check for update from within the router management page, you get misleading message.

The 2nd point, why the message I got during the upgrade process is misleading? It says "the operation is not allowed for remote management". It should have been "wrong firmware version" or something like that.

Options
2020-03-30 12:09:05

@Vetal The same happened to me. The problem was that I was trying to update with the wrong firmware version and the message that appeared was wrong too, once I was not trying to update remotely.Here in Brazil some Acher C60 was sold with UE version. Mine is UE version and I bought it in an official store. So here in Brazil we have the brazilian version and the UE version. Check the right version in the tag at the bottom of the equipment. NOTES: After the update with UE firmware version (English version) my router came with a language that seems to be from Russia. I believe my router is a Frankstein (UE version, sold in the brazilian market with a firmware adapted by TPLINK).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8658

Replies: 16