Archer c20 (MX) stops working - NO MX firmware upgrade available, can I use US firmware upgrade?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c20 (MX) stops working - NO MX firmware upgrade available, can I use US firmware upgrade?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-17 23:52:20
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

My router will get stuck and disconnect all wifi clients and won't work again unless I reboot it, this happens almost daily.

There is no firmware upgrade available for this Mexico (MX) version (HW version V4)

can I use the US firmware upgrade?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer c20 (MX) stops working - NO MX firmware upgrade available, can I use US firmware upgrade?
2019-06-18 03:31:23

Hi,

What is the version of the C20? Like it is Archer C20 V4 US or EU?

You can take a picture of the bottom label of the main router.

Besides, what is the current firmware version? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer c20 (MX) stops working - NO MX firmware upgrade available, can I use US firmware upgrade?
2019-06-18 04:38:50

The label mentions

Archer C20(ES) Ver 4

I attached the current firmware version screenshot 

Currently the Mexico page has no firmware version for download

File:
9BD54900-B94F-4B16-870C-AAC7047F56E9.jpegDownload
Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer c20 (MX) stops working - NO MX firmware upgrade available, can I use US firmware upgrade?
2019-06-23 05:18:35

Hi,

Do not update the US firmware upgrade. The current one is MX version, it may ruin the router. 

Instead, we are confirming with the local stuff, and if there is firmware available to update, we will post on official website. 

Please wait a while then. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1237

Replies: 3