Bose Soundlink on Deco M5 Mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-21 19:04:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 Build 20190403 Rel. 40244

I have Bose Soundlink devices to share audio around the home.  Since upgrading my wifi to Deco M5, I cannot get Bose Soundlink to work.  I've trawled everywhere I can think of and cannot find any helpful info on this.  Does anyone have any good ideas please?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Bose Soundlink on Deco M5 Mesh?
2019-06-23 04:30:23

Hi,

Do you connect the Bose soundlink devices to  the Deco by wireless?

If so, try to use the instructions as below:

1. Try to disable 5GHz.

2. Disable fast roaming and setup QoS as standard. 

If still the same, please tell me is there any error message that you failed to connect to the wifi? 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer AX55V2 Supports WireGuard VPN, EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, IoT Network, Speed Limit,and More If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Bose Soundlink on Deco M5 Mesh?
2019-06-23 11:35:42

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your suggestion.  i tried what you suggested, but with no success.  I get no error message, the soundlink app sits there attempting to connect the second speaker (that it can see) then disengages it.  And then nothing else happens.  I'm at a loss.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Bose Soundlink on Deco M5 Mesh?
2019-06-24 01:04:40

Hi,

From your description, seems that the spearker has connected to the Deco, while cannot be enagaed by the app. 

Try to disable the antivirus on the Deco and give it a shot. 

Besides, it is suggested to contact the tech support of the Bose soundlink to get help cause they are more professional about their products. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer AX55V2 Supports WireGuard VPN, EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, IoT Network, Speed Limit,and More If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Bose Soundlink on Deco M5 Mesh?
2019-06-24 06:59:09

AV is already disabled. Thanks for trying. 

Options
2019-07-01 08:19:50

I figured this out. Once I’d assigned reserved IP addresses to the Bose devices, via the Deco App, it just worked. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Bose Soundlink on Deco M5 Mesh?
2019-07-01 09:16:52

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear that it was resolved finally.

And we have noted that. 

Thanks for your valued feedback again.

Nice day. 

Options
2020-11-18 13:42:16

@McStonnie 

How go I reserve a ip? On deco my deco can't find the bose

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2300

Replies: 7

Related Articles