Internet working in one TP-Link router, not working in a new TP-Link A6 router.. ? help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet working in one TP-Link router, not working in a new TP-Link A6 router.. ? help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-22 06:56:19 - last edited 2019-06-27 20:40:33

Helping my mother with her new internet in a area where internet isnt available, we bought her a TP-Link Archer A6 for 39$, I brought my old TP-Link Archer C9 out just incase.

Using the newer router she has the a6, the tether app setup worked and we set dynamicIP,no clone etc, but it cannot connect to her internet. The globe icon is orange. After numerous factory resets we gave up.

I hooked the C9 i had to it and did not need any setup, and it just worked, all blue lights, wifi worked, 16mbps, wired works, shes happy. We returned the a6 to amazon for replacement thinking it was a bad router, turns out the new one can't connect to internet either. Wtf?

We connected to the routers own network to run setup in Tether, did it all by the book, and it never could see internet. I'm not a complete newcomer to routers and stuff as a gamer, but I was just stumped and couldnt think of what to do, I hooked the archer c9 back up and all is well called it a day.. Is there anything I can do or anyone have any advice? I'd really like her to use a newer router, as her house may be a enemy with having a tin roof and all. We also want to Nanostation her wifi around 150ft to share with relatives.https://solitaire.onl/ https://9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/

thanks for any advice!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Internet working in one TP-Link router, not working in a new TP-Link A6 router.. ? help!
2019-06-23 06:50:32

Hi,

The global icon is the internet light, orange means that there is no internet access. 

Below are some instructions you can give it a go.

1. Connect your computer to the modem/internet source directly to check whether it can access internet; if yes, go to step 2.

2. Connect the computer to the A6 by ethernet cable, and login to the web interface of A6. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1523/

3. Go to advanced-network-internet-mac clone page, to clone the computer's mac address. 

4. After that, please test whether you can access internet from the A6. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
Re:Internet working in one TP-Link router, not working in a new TP-Link A6 router.. ? help!
2020-04-03 07:49:16 - last edited 2020-04-03 07:50:18

Helping my mom with her new web in a zone where web isnt accessible, we got her a TP-Link Archer A6 for 39$, I brought my old TP-Link Archer C9 out simply incase. 

Utilizing the more up to date switch she has the a6, the tie application arrangement worked and we set dynamicIP,no clone and so on, however it can't associate with her web. The globe symbol is orange. After various manufacturing plant resets we surrendered

I snared the C9 I needed to it and didn't require any arrangement, and it just worked, every single blue light, wifi worked, 16mbps, wired works, shes upbeat. We restored the a6 to amazon for substitution thinking it was a terrible switch, turns out the enhanced one can't interface with web either. Wtf? 

We associated with the switches possess system to run arrangement in Tether, got everything done right, and it never could see web. I'm not a total newcomer to switches and stuff as a gamer, however I was simply baffled and couldnt consider what to do, I snared the bowman c9 back up and everything is great considered it daily.. Is there anything I can do or anybody have any counsel? I'd truly like her to utilize a fresher switch, as her home might be an adversary with having a tin rooftop what not. We likewise need to Nanostation her wifi around 150ft to impart to

Options
2020-05-11 07:42:07 - last edited 2020-05-11 07:42:42

@Tovino77 

With a web-based utility, it is easy to configure and manage the router. The web-based utility can be used on any Windows, Macintosh, or UNIX OS with a Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. It is a built-in internal web server that does not require internet access.  It does, however, require your device to be connected to the router.  This connection can be wired or wireless

Note: Low version of your web browser may cause compatibility problems with the web-based utility(management page) of your device, such as unable to log into the interface, display incomplete features, etc.

Follow the steps below to log in to your router.

1. Set up the TCP/IP Protocol to Obtain an IP address automatically mode on your computer.

2. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and create a log in password for secure management purposes. Then click Let’s Get Started to log in.

Note:

If you have registered a TP-Link ID and bound your cloud router to it, the login password you created here will be ineffective. Please log in to the cloud router using your TP-Link ID.

The default access address differs by model. Please find it on the bottom label of the product.

If you forget the password please reset the router to factory default by pressing the reset button/hole on the router.

Options
2020-07-05 10:26:34

Have you got any solution?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1499

Replies: 4