Archer C60 not connecting to office VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-22 15:13:11 - last edited 2020-07-21 12:11:23
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0

I am trying to connect to my client office VPN (to access my client network) through cisco anyconnect client from my home - to do work from home.

But my home wifi drops automatically whenever i connect to VPN.

I am using MacBook Laptop.

Steps:

1. Connect to Home personal wifi.

2. Connect to Client office VPN server.

3. Wifi disconnects and all my personal home wifi connection disconnects automatically.

However, when I connected to same Client VPN on my other office wifi network (different wifi network, not my home wifi), VPN connection establishes fine and wifi is stable.

Please help to resolve my home personal wifi router settings so that i can work from home.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C60 not connecting to office VPN-Solution
2020-07-21 09:16:42 - last edited 2020-07-21 12:11:23
Hi, Can you try the following which is suggested in this thread of discussion ? 1.) For the connection type PPPoE, please change MTU to 1400. Note: Go to advanced-network-internet-advanced page to change it. 2.) Please try to disable the NAT boost. Note: Go to advanced-system tools-system parameters.
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:Archer C60 not connecting to office VPN
2019-06-23 07:19:04

Hi,

What is the current network topology? 

And the VPN is called Client office VPN? With one computer connects to the client VPN, all the home wifi connection disconnects automatically? 

With your computer connected to the C60 by wired cable, can you get internet ? 

Besides, cause we are not familiar with this 3rd party VPN, have you ever contacted their tech support to get some help? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer C60 not connecting to office VPN
2019-06-23 07:48:51

My Current home wifi is setup with 'quick setup' option with 'Dynamic Ip'. 

I have two work offices. One is client office and other is my employer office. 

I am trying to connect my laptop to client office vpn from my personal home wifi and employer wifi. 

I can connect my laptop to client office vpn from employer wifi without any problem and vpn is stable. 

But same laptop from my home wifi to client office vpn is not stable and disconnects frequently. My home office wifi is setup using tplink archer c60. 

What setting should I do on the router in order to have stable vpn at home wifi network

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C60 not connecting to office VPN
2019-06-24 08:32:48

Hi,

So you setup VPN at client office? What kind of VPN you use?Like PPTP or Openvpn or so? 

With your device connected to the Client office VPN, what is the IP address and gateway it obtains? 

When the connection lost, does it obtain valid IP address and gateway? 

How to check the IP and gateway: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Meanwhile, have you ever contacted the tech support of the Client office VPN to get some advice cause they are more professional about their products. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-06-24 14:29:40

I did not setup Client office VPN, as its different corporation for which i provide service to and the VPN is already setup for consultants like me.

The same Client office VPN works fine when i connect my laptop with:

1) My employer corporate wifi.

2) My personal mobile data wifi hotspot.

VPN is not stable (automatically disconnects) only when i connect to my home personal wifi that is setup using Archer C60.

Thats the reason i am seeking help from tp-link community if there is any setting not fine with Archer C60 router.

i tried to google about this behavior, there are lot of people talking about this particular issue of that their corporate VPN is not stable while connecting to home wifi. But Nowhere i could find a solution for this issue.

Thanks 

Options
Re:Re:Archer C60 not connecting to office VPN
2019-06-25 10:58:51

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

First, may I know what is the internet connection type of the C60? If it is PPPoE, please change MTU to 1400.

Note: Go to advanced-network-internet-advanced page to change it.

Meanwhile, please try to disable the NAT boost. 

Note: Go to advanced-system tools-system parameters.

Besides, may I know how did you connect to the client office VPN server? What kind of APP or programme you use?

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-28 15:01:54

@Alagesan 

Hello, got the same problem with the Archer A10 AC2600. I've done all what you recommend and doesn't work. My VPN client for office is Sonicwall.

Options
2020-04-20 22:06:53
Same problem on a brand new AX50.. The ALG screen says allow VPN passthrough, but it does not work. Support on this is not at all helpful. 2 hours wasted so far.
Options
2020-04-27 19:10:35

@ML3 I found out that nearby interferences from other neighbours networks could create issues. If I'm working from my basement, my connection with Sonicwall VPN client works just find through my laptop WLAN card and the Archer_A10, on the 5_GHz network. I don't detect neighbours networks there, and less chance either to interfere with other 2.4GHz networks. And my router is at the 1st floor.

If ever I've to work from the 1st floor, I'm needed to use an Ethernet cable, even if i'm closer to the router, and no issue there. I don't think it's an issue related to the router in my case after investigation, but more with Sonicwall VPN client, and suceptible to interference while use with WLAN. All other stuff (movie streaming on Ipad, apple TV, Phone, conference call, etc..) are just working fine, and connection is really stable with the Archer_A10_AC2600, with active Mu-Mimo setting on the 5_GHz network. Hope it help!

Options
2020-06-21 13:27:38

I bought a new Archer C60 V3 router & I'm facing the same issue. Whenever I connect to my office network using open vpn my laptop's internet not working properly. But if I switch to my old (D-Link) router it's working fine.

Options
2020-07-07 14:12:46 - last edited 2020-07-07 14:28:57

Hi,

Even I'm facing same issue when connecting to office VPN.

Router: Archer c6 v2.0

Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515(5553)

VPN : froticlient

May I know the topology of your network? 

Not sure.

Who is your internet service provider?

Railwire (INDIA)

Do you get internet from a modem or from a port on the wall?

From modem

If you connect your modem or th port on the wall to your computer directly ,can you visit your office VPN?

Yes, 

I've extend the WIFI range using other router (https://www.mercusys.co.in/product/details/mw305r) (192.168.1.1). If I connect my mac in mercusys wifi, VPN works perfectly fine. But If I connect in TPlink it starts disconnecting.

Expecting a solution soon.

Prabu.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7371

Replies: 14

Related Articles