DECO M9 Plus User Manual: Availability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-23 22:05:05 - last edited 2019-06-23 22:07:04
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a Deco M9 Plus Mesh system with 3 nodes.

However, I am not in the habit of purchasing anything blindly without first having a good look at the manual for a system to ensure that it will truly meet and satisfy my needs.

Nowhere on the TPlink website can I find a link where I am able to download the manual on the Deco M9 Plus for offline reading and studying, even though all over the website one finds the following entry:

"Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual for your product".

Yet, when you do that all you get are access to two videos and some FAQs. Neither of these three gives sufficient detail for me to establish whether your product will meet my needs.

I want to be able to read the manual!

Where can the Deco manula be found for download please.

Options
7 Reply
Re:DECO M9 Plus User Manual: Availability
2019-06-24 00:44:53

Hi,

Below is the user manual.

https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201804/20180420/1910012164_Deco%20M9%20Plus_UG.pdf

Meanwhile  you can go to official website to get more information. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#video

May it work. Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:DECO M9 Plus User Manual: Availability
2019-06-24 10:38:46
Thank you for the links much appreciated. I prefer the written word to videos. Have no idea what is happening to the World with this fixation about videos.
Options
Re:Re:Re:DECO M9 Plus User Manual: Availability
2019-06-24 10:59:59

haha, you are welcome.

Do not hesitate to contact us if need more help. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:DECO M9 Plus User Manual: Availability
2019-06-24 12:46:05 - last edited 2019-06-24 14:03:59

So far the user guide is about as useful as the fine print in an insurance contract. the videos are not much better.

• I am looking for detailed information about how to add a device to the mesh network ( PCs laptops, TVs, routers, switches, dongles, set-top boxes, Xboxes, PS4's etc).
  • I am looking for information regarding compatibility issues with older legacy devices.
  • What special requirements are there before a device will connect with a Deco mesh?
  • How important is it for the device to support Btooth and Zigbee?
  • What is the significance of the Mesh standards 802.11 s/k/r/v?  Do these standards impact on how a legacy device will roam between APs or not?
  • What happens if a device (legacy) appears to remain connected to a node on the mesh even if the node it is connected to is not the one it should be connected to?
  • Does it matter that one can't actually determine which AP a device is connected to in the mesh?  How will one know if this is affecting performance or not?

That is the detail I am looking for. the user guide is sadly lacking on these issues, designed for the monkey-see-monkey-do brigade who do not care about configuration setups, not for people who really want to know how something works.  

There are still some of us out there who want to know these things.

Options
Re:Re:DECO M9 Plus User Manual: Availability
2019-06-25 03:29:52

Hi,

1. To connect devices to the mesh network, find the wifi name on these devices and select it, enter the password to connect to it. For more information, it is suggested to contact the tech support of specific device, like PS4.

2. For the common wireless devices, there is no compatibility issue, once they support wifi connection, they can connect to the mesh network; It does not matter if the devices do not support Zigbee or bluetooth. The Deco still supports wifi, the normal wifi devices can connect to it by wifi. For the smart home devices, there is a compatibility list:https://www.tp-link.com/Deco-M9-Plus/compatibility/

3. Mesh standards 802.11 s/k/r/v means that the Deco supports fast roaming. 

4. The Deco supports AP steering and band steering, the Deco will recommend client device to connect to the Deco nodes/Deco wifi with better performance.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:DECO M9 Plus User Manual: Availability
2019-06-25 11:58:26
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Geoff.D
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:DECO M9 Plus User Manual: Availability
2019-06-26 02:14:41

Hi Geoff.D, you are welcome, it is glad to help you. Nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1722

Replies: 7