intranet speed 25Mbit/S

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

intranet speed 25Mbit/S

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
intranet speed 25Mbit/S
intranet speed 25Mbit/S
2019-06-25 20:50:11
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3

HI all,

My internet speed is normal, the amount specified by the isp. 

But my intranet speed is lower then I expected. I have run some Iperf tests on various machines and always get a result arround 25Mbit/s for mobile phone to laptop via wifi between 2 laptops. In varoious combinations. When I transfer files between the NAS and my laptop I get speeds arround 6-11 MB/sec. so 50-80 Mbis/sec. 

I'm getting nowhere near 600 or 1000 Mbps. Is there a trouble shooting guide i can follow or a check list? 

kind regards

Options
4 Reply
Re:intranet speed 25Mbit/S
2019-06-26 05:37:56

Hi,

May I know how did you run the Iperf test? With cellphone/laptop or 2 laptops connected to the wireless network?  Is it 2.4GHz and 5GHz?

With 2 computers connected to the router by wired cable, what is the transfer speed between them? Please take a picture of the test results.

Meanwhile, please check the wired negotiation speed. Instruction as below: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Besides, how did you test the transfer speed between the NAS and the laptop? With them both connected to the router by wired cable? 

If they are connected by wireless, please test the transfer speed between them with connected by ethernet cable. 

Please check the wired negotiation speed as well; please send a picture of it to us.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:intranet speed 25Mbit/S
2019-06-26 18:06:52

Hi Kevin,

I had the smart connection enabled and tested between phone, tablet, gaming pc and macbookpro all were arround 20-30 Mbps I switched the iperf server arround. I tested a file transfer between nas and the macbook and gaming pc and got 6-11 MB/sec. 

This morning I installed iperf on the nas (connected via 2 ethernet cables to the router) and did test with the nas as a iperf server. From a gaming pc via ethernet cable I got 900 Mbps what is expected both ethernet cables to router. From the macbook i got 130 Mbps which is better, gaming pc was 90Mbps and from phone and tablet i got arround 35.

I then disabled the smart connect function and connected the mac to the 5Ghz and got 380Mbps,

tablet also went up I forgot how high in 100 or somthing (also 5ghz). The rest was on 2.4 and stayed the same as before. The gaming pc got up to 80 Mbsp on 2.4 and lower on 5Ghz.

Between 2 devices on wifi the speed is still 20-30 Mbps. here 5ghz macbook pro to phone. 

the link you added was to find the ip of my devices....

kind regards

Dino

Options
Re:Re:Re:intranet speed 25Mbit/S
2019-06-28 08:37:50

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

There is something wrong of the link. you can refer to this one to get the wireless negotiation speed. For the cellphone, you can go to settings-wifi page and click the wifi name you connected to get it.

Back to your case, from your description, the transfer speed among other devices seems fine, while it is still 35Mbps between Mac and cellphone when they connected to the wifi. 

It means the router should be working properly, the troubleshooting need to be done on the 2 devices or the cellphone.

Are they both connected to the 5GHz at that point? 

Meanwhile, what are their wireless negotiation speed?

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:intranet speed 25Mbit/S
2019-06-28 16:35:07

Hi,

Wireless negotiation speed for the mac  =1,3 Gbps, phone = 65 Mbps, tablet = 866Mbps. Iperf test between phone and mac is 30Mbps and thus normal (phone limits) between tablet and mac I would expect more then 115Mbps.

thank you for the help clearing it up!

Options