Deco M4 - Frequent disconnection of Wireless CCTV camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-01 02:58:12
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20181203 Rel.38849

At first all 8 Cameras connected. Then some frequent disconnection occurred across. Some failed to reconnect. I try ping but cannot. Have to power cycle each deco to get it connected again. I have disable the fast roaming. And i have fixed ip for all the cameras (in the >.200 range)

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - Frequent disconnection of Wireless CCTV camera
2019-07-01 10:03:08

Hi,

Do they stop working at the same time? Or just some of them have the disconnection issue? 

What about the light status of the Deco M4 when the camera lost connection? Can other devices get internet from Deco at that point? 

Is there any error mesage if they failed to reconnect to the wifi? 

How often they lose connection? 

Have you ever contacted the tech support of the camera to get some suggestion cause they are more professional about their products. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M4 - Frequent disconnection of Wireless CCTV camera
2019-07-02 00:59:04

hi,

at first, (i have total of 8 units)... after restarting the main deco all will connect and responded to ping. But after 5 minutes or so, 1-by-1 started to drop off the grid.

The light at the Deco is white, and the apps shows it is healthy. (in the app, how can we see whether the link between deco is in 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz backhaul?)

Other devices like notebook , phone works well... But those streaming suffer a bit of buffering.

There is no error message from the camera, if the camera is connected to a network it will have green LED (Which it did even it is not responding to pings).

They lose connections after >5 minutes and drop-off 1-by-1. And need to reboot the Main Deco to work again. And once they did, no matter whether you reboot the cameras it will connect but still not responding to ping (if u did not reboot the main deco)

the Cameras is working well with TpLink AC3150, but i decide to change to mesh wifi for better coverage.

Thanks

Regards

Options
Re:Re:Deco M4 - Frequent disconnection of Wireless CCTV camera
2020-01-09 14:02:08
Same here ....Ctronics cctv cameras (3) previously connected reliably with TP-Link modem/router but now frequent disconnects with M4 Mesh system in spite of all cameras indicating >95 signal strength. Yesterday they connected instantly all afternoon but today I seldom have all all three available. All other connected devices seem to be working ok.
Options
2020-01-10 23:12:21

@WJLoy Hi have the same problem with another device. Did you try to turnoff the 5 ghz leaving the 2.4 band only? (or viceversa leaving 5ghz alone and not 2.4). Give it a try, just to understand if this is the problem.

Options
2020-01-10 23:38:08

I tried turning on and off some wireless like 5 & 2.4ghz. I guess the bandwidth was pretty overwhelming. I partially reduce the disconnection by marking those camera not to be in mesh client in the tplink app. The cameras connect pretty well only occasionally disconnect, restating the camera will get them back online. Probably mesh isn't their cake. 

Options
2020-07-07 16:41:26 - last edited 2020-07-07 16:42:43

Anyone got any solution? I'm getting the same issue with my Deco M4 v1.0

Any long running devices will have the same issue (CCTV cameras, phones, etc)

I wonder if it's resolved in newer versions, and whether the issue is also prevent in their M5 models?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2522

Replies: 6

Related Articles