HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-02 19:31:49 - last edited 2019-10-06 23:09:54
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build

Hello 

i just bought 2 weeks ago this router TP-link TD-W8961N   300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router..

i configured it as PPPoA/PPPoE 

so the problem i have with this router everyday or every 2 days in a time the router like reboot by it self and then when i check it's configurations i found that 

it has switched back to Bridge mode instead of PPPoA/PPPoE by it self

i tried upgrading the firmware i did but it stayed in the same firmware which is 3.0 guess i already had the latest upgrade ? maybe it got upgraded i just upgraded it now

so i don't know if the problem still remains but i guess likeley it still will be here ..

so does anyone know where is exactly the problem or do you guys have any soulition ? thanks in advance ! 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode-Solution
2019-10-06 23:09:14 - last edited 2019-10-06 23:09:54

@MrDSM 

UPDATE, well as u knwo the firmware upgrade didn't solve the problem, i solved it the old fashioned way, i sold it and bought a Tenda router now it works perfectly

sad to say this but my experience with this tp-link router was bad, beside this problem the time reboot of it was very slow.. 

Recommended Solution
Options
22 Reply
Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-02 21:40:48 - last edited 2019-07-03 06:52:46
If it was me, I would exchange it for a new one.
Options
Re:Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-02 23:47:05 - last edited 2019-07-03 06:52:46

ArcherC8 wrote

If it was me, I would exchange it for a new one.

i can't do that it's not under warranty or something i only bought it from a marker here in morocco  it was New closed but that's how it is 

Options
Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-03 07:02:50

Hi,

Below is the download link of the firmware: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/td-w8961n/#Firmware

Try to hard reset it by holding the reset button for 10s with it powered on and reconfigure it  to give it a go. 

Please ensure that you use the original power adapter. 

If still the same, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do, it is more like the hardware got aged and won't work properly.

You can buy a new one with better performance. 

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-03 22:43:59

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

Below is the download link of the firmware: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/td-w8961n/#Firmware

Try to hard reset it by holding the reset button for 10s with it powered on and reconfigure it  to give it a go. 

Please ensure that you use the original power adapter. 

If still the same, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do, it is more like the hardware got aged and won't work properly.

You can buy a new one with better performance. 

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/

Nice day. 

yes that's the firmware i've downloaded and upgraded it with it, and i did factory reset after that and reconfigured it..

I'm now testing to see if the problem remains i hope it went away 

Thank you !! 

Options
Re:Re:Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-04 01:46:25

It is glad to help you, hope it works fine. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-12 21:56:54

saddely the problem still remains i did a test after reconfigurine i noticed that it goes back to bridged mode and from vci 8 dpi35  to vci 1  dpi 32 the moment i reboot the router be iti reboot it manually or  when it gets rebooten when it lose the internet .. 

Kevin_Z wrote

It is glad to help you, hope it works fine. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-13 11:30:53

May not be the issue but something to check. Make sure you click "save" after making changes. Sometimes you need to scroll down the page to see the save button. I like to power cycle the router after I have made changes to ensure all is okay.  

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-16 23:45:56

ArcherC8 wrote

May not be the issue but something to check. Make sure you click "save" after making changes. Sometimes you need to scroll down the page to see the save button. I like to power cycle the router after I have made changes to ensure all is okay.  

yes i do click "save'", weiredly the problem of switching to briodged mode by it self whenever it reboot got solved by it selve, now it doesn't go back to bridged even after reboot

but the main problem remains which is the internet get disconected and it's like the router reboot by it self  mmany times everyday , and it's because of the router because i didn't have this problem when i tried a friend's router. .

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-17 11:16:26

Back to my orginal advice. Switch the router out with a new one.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:HELP Tp-link td-w8961n reboots everyday and switch back to bridged mode
2019-07-17 20:08:17

ArcherC8 wrote

Back to my orginal advice. Switch the router out with a new one.

i will just buy a new different router  probably not TP-link and i will try to sell the current one if i manage to.. thank you for your help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6365

Replies: 22

Related Articles