My router does not work remotely .

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My router does not work remotely .

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
38 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:My router does not work remotely .
2019-07-24 12:29:53

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi all,

Sorry to respond late. 

Are you able to login to the cloud website with your cloud account successfully? 

https://www.tplinkcloud.com/

Please check the time settings of your router, ensure that the date/time is correct. 

Can you control the router locally with the Tether app? Is there any error message if you failed to manage it remotely? 

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. And you can try to unbind the cloud account and re-bind it to give it a shot. 

Also I checked that Firmware is up to date

I addition I want to emphasize that problem started suddenly some weeks ago, on all routers under control.
Before that event , Tether worked fine from the cloud for several months on all routers remotely managed..  

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My router does not work remotely .
2019-07-24 17:47:25

FYI

Problem solved 
With some help from TPLINK support, the issue was fixed in a very simple way, as follows

Seems that for any reason, since 2 weeks ago, when a user with Tether app, was moving from your local network to the cloud, there was a need to re-register to Tether, despite that you were registered previously when you were inside the Local Wifi net. So this step, that previously was not needed (the first time you register within the local net, it was still  valid for the cloud access), and now you need to register again within the app. Seems that as tether app is automaticaly updated into your my phones, we have to re-register, regardless that no warning message appears to force to do that. It was so simple that is a pity that a slight change like this I was not able to catch up sooner. But this is how , in my case, I close the claim 

Txs

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My router does not work remotely .
2019-07-24 21:16:51

unfortunately my problem is different. I can't login to my tp link id in the router settings after resetting it because I couldn't connect remotely via the app thether. the same thing happened two weeks ago but I was able to log in later.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My router does not work remotely .
2019-07-25 07:16:57

@Swizzer 

Try to change another NTP server on the Archer C60. Go to advanced-system tools-time settings to change it.

Meanwhile, please ensure that the device time has been synchronized successfully, after that please relogin with the TP-link cloud ID and test whether it works. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My router does not work remotely .
2019-07-25 07:17:48

@MitoBsAs 

Glad to hear that it got fixed finally, thanks for your feedback and sharing. 

If need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My router does not work remotely .
2019-07-25 18:52:54

Thank you for the information. I had the same issue and tried your method to change the time settings - I changed it to manual and now the cloud function is working fine and I can manage my router remotely.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My router does not work remotely .
2019-07-25 22:30:53

Kevin_Z wrote

@Swizzer 

Try to change another NTP server on the Archer C60. Go to advanced-system tools-time settings to change it.

Meanwhile, please ensure that the device time has been synchronized successfully, after that please relogin with the TP-link cloud ID and test whether it works. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

I changed the ntp server. I was able to register my id tplink. but from the app theter remotely gave me the off line router continuously. I finally entered the time manually and for the moment I managed to access the app remotely. Thx 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My router does not work remotely .
2019-07-26 01:12:41

@Swizzer 

Glad to hear that you got it fixed finally, thanks a lot for your feedback.

If need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Nice day. 

Options
Related Articles