KE100 radiator thermostat in my sleeping room does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-27 02:14:41 - last edited 2024-01-09 02:53:56
Model: KE100 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.6.0

I bought three KE100 radiator thermostats and the corresponding hub. I have installed two of the thermostats in the living room, and they are working fine.

Unfortunately, the thermostat in the bedroom is not working. I can install it, and it shows up correctly in the app, but the radiator heats up excessively, even when I set the temperature to 20 degrees.

I have installed the thermostat on the radiator using the provided adapter, so it shouldn't be the issue. I need your help!

Here I have a picture of the app and the installed KE100 in my bedroom. 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:KE100 radiator thermostat in my sleeping room does not work-Solution
2024-01-02 08:29:38 - last edited 2024-01-09 02:53:41

@Harald81 

How do you tell the bedroom is heating up? Do you have a separate thermometer or temp sensor? Or do you see it from the Current Temp displayed on the App of the bedroom KE100?

Can you share a simple image labeling the layout of your home and the placement of these KE100s? When you mention main switch do you mean one of the KE100's in the living room?

Regarding the temperature adjustment situation of the bedroom thermostat valve, you may try to reinstall and recalibrate the valve, see if it helps.

Please follow the steps below.
1. In the Kasa App, go to KE100's Device Settings, Sleep Mode. enable sleep mode and then select "Fully Open".
2. Unscrew KE100. And then reinstall this Kasa thermostat valve.
3. Factory reset KE100
4. Add KE100 to Kasa App.
5. Perform device calibration: Device's Settings -> Calibration.

In addition, we have reported your case to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm. You may provide the answers and the tests result to them via email.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-08 08:19:30 - last edited 2024-01-09 02:52:53

@Harald81 Can you take a picture of the front of this radiator valve? It's probably you use the wrong connector as the temperature is not adjusted at all, it's always the same as the main control.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:KE100 radiator thermostat in my sleeping room does not work
2023-12-27 09:43:39

@Harald81 

How's your Smart Control Schedule set up? Can you share a picture of the history temperature chart here?

Options
2023-12-27 16:58:30

@Wayne-TP 

Do you mean the automatic control? I haven't set it up in either the bedroom or the living room. I simply turn down the radiators in the living room as soon as I go to bed.

There's a main control in the living room (connected to the boiler) that's set to 23 degrees Celsius and is essentially always on. The problem only occurs in the bedroom. Could it be that the thermostat is faulty, because I don't think I installed it incorrectly.

Options
2023-12-29 08:56:11

@Harald81 

The KE100 thermostat valves adjust the temperature by controlling water flow, and to prevent frequent switching, the heated temperature may fluctuate around the set value.

In the provided image, the temperatures in the living room are within 1 degree below the set value of 20℃, while the bedroom's temperature is 1.9℃ higher than the set value of 20℃, which seems to be within a reasonable fluctuation range.

Could you please check the report charts to see if there are any anomalies in the overall temperature changes? For example, if it consistently keeps heating up or remains below the set value.

Options
2023-12-31 03:07:51

@Wayne-TP 

I've tested it again. When I set the main switch to 23 degrees and the thermostats in the living room are not turned on, then it does not heat in the living room. In the bedroom, it's the opposite. There, it heats even though the thermostat is not turned on.

There must be a fundamental problem here because the other two thermostats in the living room work very well and adjust the temperature gradually.

Could it be that the thermostat in the bedroom is broken because it heats even though it's not turned on? And when I turn it on and set it to 20 degrees, it doesn't regulate down.

Options
2024-01-02 08:29:38 - last edited 2024-01-09 02:53:41

@Harald81 

How do you tell the bedroom is heating up? Do you have a separate thermometer or temp sensor? Or do you see it from the Current Temp displayed on the App of the bedroom KE100?

Can you share a simple image labeling the layout of your home and the placement of these KE100s? When you mention main switch do you mean one of the KE100's in the living room?

Regarding the temperature adjustment situation of the bedroom thermostat valve, you may try to reinstall and recalibrate the valve, see if it helps.

1. In the Kasa App, go to KE100's Device Settings, Sleep Mode. enable sleep mode and then select "Fully Open".
3. Factory reset KE100

In addition, we have reported your case to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm. You may provide the answers and the tests result to them via email.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-07 04:49:05 - last edited 2024-01-07 04:55:25

Wayne-TP wrote

@Harald81 

3. Factory reset KE100

I tried it again, but it did not work out. I did what you said in your 5 steps, but nothing changed. 

I am going to go step by step again, to show my setup and what is not working out. 

Picture 1 

Here you can see the temperature controller for the entire heating system. It's installed on the wall in my living room. I have set it to heat to 23 degrees Celsius around the clock. If i turn it to "Aus" ("off") the whole system shuts down. 

Picture 2 and 3

(2) These are the two radiators in my living room. I have installed the KE100 thermostat on both radiators. It works perfectly fine. I can adjust the temperature using the app or directly on the thermostat. As soon as I turn the thermostats down, the temperature also decreases. Or I can turn them off completely, and after a while, the radiators become cold again.

(3) The new thermostat that I installed and calibrated using the adapter provided by TP-Link. It works as I said perfectly on both radiators in the living room. 

Pictures 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 

(4) This is my bedroom next to the living room.

(5)  Here you can see the thermostat that is otherwise installed in the bedroom. I can control the temperature oldschool by turning the dial from 0 (off) to 5.

(6) The radiator valve which is a bit different to the 2 others in the living room.

(7) The old and the new thermostat in a close up. On the floor, there is an old thermostat from the living room for comparison with the other 2 thermostats.

(8) The new thermostat in the bedroom that I installed and calibrated using the adapter provided by TP-Link.

Summary of the first problem: The thermostat in the bedroom is not working, although the Installation and calibration worked out without an error. Even when I set it to 17 degrees, it always heats up to 23 degrees which I have set on the main controller in the living room (Picture 1).

Summary of the second problem: Even when I turn off the thermostat, it continues to heat up to 23 degrees. As soon as I reinstall the old thermostat, I can control the temperature using the 5 levels or turn off the radiator.

In both cases I can see the rising temperature in the app and on a separate Thermometer.  

Now I just don't know what to do next. I have tried everything, but what ever I do, nothing works out. 

Options
2024-01-08 08:19:30 - last edited 2024-01-09 02:52:53

@Harald81 Can you take a picture of the front of this radiator valve? It's probably you use the wrong connector as the temperature is not adjusted at all, it's always the same as the main control.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-09 02:52:47

@Wayne-TP 

Hey Wayne! It was really my fault. I forgot to install this little stick between the valve and the Thermostat. 

Now it also works fine in the bedroom. 

Thanks a lot for your help! 

Best regards,

Harald 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 8

Related Articles