Devices sometimes take a while to connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-08 01:25:00
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 Build 20190403 Rel. 43515

Hi. There are times my devices have problem connecting to the wifi. My Windows 10 PC would keep saying "Unable to connect." Then, I have to either wait for a while before it can finally connect, or reboot the main Deco to temporarily get rid of the problem.

Additional note:

1. There are two Decos: Living room and upstairs, with each Deco at a few feet away from respective end of the stairs.

2. The Decos are turned on 24/7.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Devices sometimes take a while to connect
2019-07-08 10:20:15

@Vindel 

Have you ever tried to forget th network on your computer and reconnect to the wifi? 

Besides, we have released an internal firmware trying  to fix it. You can email our tech support with the thread link attached.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/ 

Then our agent can email you how to install it and check whether it works. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Devices sometimes take a while to connect
2019-07-09 00:43:19 - last edited 2019-07-09 01:06:58

Forget network failed. However, once I disabled Fast Roaming, my PC could connect again.

EDIT: I've just e-mailed the tech support.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Devices sometimes take a while to connect
2019-07-09 01:51:12

@Vindel 

Thanks for your feedback; like it mentioned on the fast roaming page, turning on this feature may result in some older wireless device being disconnected from the Deco network, if only the PC got disconnected, you can try to contact their tech support and update the driver of the built-in network adapter. 

Meanwhile, you can wait a while to get the reply via email. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Devices sometimes take a while to connect
2019-07-09 02:17:40

So, does the bug in the firmware have something to do with Fast Roaming?

Options
Re:Devices sometimes take a while to connect
2019-07-09 10:22:15 - last edited 2019-07-09 10:56:04

I think that disabling Fast Roaming or even rebooting just shuffles the list of devices that were unable to connect. My PS4 and my brother's PC were unable to connect to the wifi just now. I rebooted the main deco. When it was done, the two devices became able to connect but my father's phone became no longer able to.

EDIT: I've just found out that my phone was hit too. Strangely, the forget network method worked on this one.

Options
Re:Re:Devices sometimes take a while to connect
2019-07-12 03:01:42

@Vindel 

The reason why I mentioned fast roaming is to introduce it and let you know that it may make some old devices get disconnected.

Back to your case, to install the new firmware is a good choice.

May I now have you got any feedback from the tech support via email yet? And what happened if you have installed the firmware? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Devices sometimes take a while to connect
2019-07-12 03:10:24

No reply from tech support. But new firmware is imminent either way. I'd like to know if there's an estimate for version 1.3.1's public release date for M9.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Devices sometimes take a while to connect
2019-07-12 10:59:11

@Vindel 

Do you have any ticket number or case number? I checked our email system but not your found. 

Meanwhile, could you please provide a link of the email contact info you used? 

Besides, for the new official firmware, you can keep an eye on official website/Deco app for the updates. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Devices sometimes take a while to connect
2019-07-12 11:10:38

Email title:

[TPLINK SUPPORT #231877]: Deco M9 Plus(2-pack) Referral from Forum: Devices sometimes take a while to connect

Options