Cannot open ports on Deco 9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot open ports on Deco 9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
[Troubleshooting] Cannot open ports on Deco (for Minecraft)
2022-05-13 21:32:21

@David-TP 

Quick update, the IP somehow got changed to the public IP, not the private one. I'm not really sure how, but that happened. Anyways, I and other devices on my LAN network can access the server, but people not on my LAN network still can't. Any idea on what to do now? Or do I still need to do the same thing?

Options
2022-05-14 00:23:26

@David-TP 

Quick update. I adjusted some settings (I'm not sure which) but the IP somehow changed to the public IP instead of the private one like before. Now that the IP is public, is there anything I need to do different? Or do I still need to do what I have to with the private IP?

Options
2022-05-15 23:23:54

@TP-Link 

Options
2022-05-16 10:52:42 - last edited 2022-05-16 10:53:16

@laing 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

No, if Deco M9 plus has a public IP now, we don't need to do something on the ISP gateway anymore.

But TCP: 25565 and UDP: 25565 still need to be opened on Deco either via port forwarding or UPNP.

And Could you please help me do the following test:

1. Please go to whatismyip on google and check whether the IP address here is the same as what you got under IPV4.

If they are the same, I have sent my email address in a private message.

Could you please send me the following pictures:

1. A screenshot of the IPV4 settings on the Deco M9 Plus.

2. The screenshots of the port forwarding or UPNP settings

Thank you again.

Best regards.

---------------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. Please spare a moment and help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-19 12:18:15

@TP-Link 

So I checked on whatsmyip, and it is not the same as my public IP address, but here are the screenshots you asked for.

Options
Re:Cannot open ports on Deco 9
2022-05-21 03:22:49
Options
[Troubleshooting] Cannot open ports on Deco
2022-05-22 12:51:42

@TP-Link please see my replies below

1.Please make sure UPNP disabled under Deco APP>More>Advanced. DONE

2. Which ports did you wish to open? For which local devices? Many, for example 443 for Ip192.168.0.96

3. Are you able to access this server via the same port on a local client? Locally everything is fine

4. How did you find out the port is still closed? I am on holiday and cannot access anything inside my network

---If you have enabled TP-Link DDNS, except testing via the DDNS, please also test whether the server is accessible remotely via WAN IP address. Tried via ip and ddns

Options
Re:Cannot open ports on Deco 9
2022-05-23 08:35:50

@laing 

Hi, Thank you for your time and patience.

The IPv4 address(192.168.1.77) on your Deco is still a private IP.

The public IP address on whatismyip site is the WAN IP Address of your ISP Firewall.

Since you already opened the port/enabled UPNP on Deco,  Access 2 to Minecraft Host will work perfectly.

Via Access 1, the Multiplayer request from remote users will be blocked by ISP firewall first even though the internal Access 2 has been opened already.

So it came back to the suggestions at the very beginning, you might need to contact your ISP and they need to open the same port-25565 for Deco in order to access the Minecraft server.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-23 08:39:42

@Alexdc12 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I tend to think you might have a private IPV4 address as well and besides of the Deco firewall, there is also an ISP firewall that blocked the remote access.

Options
2022-08-08 23:46:08

@TP-Link  I am having difficulty setting up Port Forwarding on Deco X60 mesh.  I have the Drco DHCP server set to give out addresses in the range of 192.168.2.xyz. 

I have one specific device with fixed IP of 192.168.2.74 and it does not support UPnP, and it also needs a port "NNNN" forwarded manually.  So I add a port forwarding rule in Deco Advanced setup for this device, to forward port# NNNN (external) to 192.168.2.74:NNNN (internal).  I hit save and everything is ok. 

But now I back out to main menu and then check forwarded ports menu again.  The IP address I had entered before is magically changed to 192.168.0.2 -- notice third number is changed to zero!!  No matter how many times I try to edit, or delete and re-enter the port forwarding rule, it still always changes the third number back to zero.  I can never get it to stay as 2.

Also, when I create the port forwarding rule, an Address Reservation rule is also created automatically.  This Address Reservation shows the correct IP address I wanted for the port forward, 192.168.2.74. 

Is it possible this is a bug? 

Options

Tags

Related Articles