disable wifi altogether at night time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

disable wifi altogether at night time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
63 Reply
Re:disable wifi altogether at night time
2021-12-21 03:48:47

@Alan98 

Hi, welcome to the community.

No, I am afraid this feature has not been accepted yet.

May I have the chance to know why you request the Wi-Fi schedule?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-04 09:02:37

@TP-Link 

Hi

It is really important to be able to turn off the Wi-Fi when not in use. I take this feature for granted in these systems.

I was even mistakenly informed that this feature is available on the system.

Yes, this feature is available, but it is not possible to shut down the whole system, but only one network (2.5 or 5 Ghz).

If I knew this before the purchase that the full shutdown feature is not possible, I would never buy the system.

I am also surprised that I still do not have any firmware updates available on my Deco X60, even though there are new versions.

Thank you. 

Options
2022-01-07 10:28:04 - last edited 2022-01-07 12:23:12

@TP-Link this is ridiculous asking why we needs that feature when it has been requested multiple times over the years and you promised it will be delivered in the next update multiple multiple times. Instead of playing hide and seek have the decency to accept the fact your customer service is a joke and at least apologise for keeping us hanging all these years. 

WE HAVE BEEN REQUESTING THIS SINCE 2018 IN VARIOUS POSTS. STOP PLAYING WITH US AND COME STRAIGHT, GIVE US AN ANSWER, IS IT COMING OR NOT AND WHEN?

Options
2022-01-13 02:55:16

I'm curious, is this a culture or regional thing - why would you need to turn off the Wifi in the entire house?

There goes your ring or security devices, any updates for your desktop/workstation, or convenience of checking your e-mail when you wake up via your phone - for people that live in rural areas...

Options
2022-01-13 09:30:44 - last edited 2022-01-13 09:35:21

None it’s the logical thing, for those who have 5 units in the house and don’t want to be exposed to their radiation 24/7 they can limit that by switching them off at night. The question is why would you have them running all night when everyone is sleeping?

Options
2022-01-13 18:32:57 - last edited 2022-01-13 18:33:54

ioa2nis wrote

None it’s the logical thing, for those who have 5 units in the house and don’t want to be exposed to their radiation 24/7 they can limit that by switching them off at night. The question is why would you have them running all night when everyone is sleeping?

@ioa2nis OK, I see why this isn't added. You came to a technical forum and made a claim about harmful raidiation from Wifi - something that isn't based on science...

No wonder this on the backburner for the development team...

Options
2022-01-13 18:48:17

Ok Guys,
The Deco technology is not a router so probably there is technical issues for implementing this (as described in the accepted response).

I'd love too, to shut down the deco near 10cm my head while sleeping with a schedule, but as said before normally this Deco thing are used in offices, so we are a minority wanting this.
So the only solution is just buyng a smart socket and set there the schedule, there are very cheap one nowdays and does not require the internet connection (for scheduling i mean).

So ... it was a nice battle but we lose ;). i'm unfollowing this thread 

Options
2022-01-13 18:58:48

@Serpenio lol, I have no idea why would anyone come and argue on a support forum but let me entertain this. First I just gave one example why might people want this. If it has a scientific merit or not it's not the place to debate but if you think microwaves are harmless I welcome you to stick your hand in a microwave for couple of mins. In any case this has been requested since 2018 and back then support claimed it's coming in the next release as they do release after release. And to your technical forum comment, let me paste here the purpose of this forum as per tplink "TP-Link Community: Join us to get direct support from professional expert". Asking for support in new features and functionality that is already available to every single other device out there is why this is forum used for but don't want to waste your time you probably need to visit other forums and debunk hoaxes such as radiation, covid, vaccines, round earth etc. 

Options
2022-01-14 03:57:41 - last edited 2022-01-14 04:10:04

@ioa2nis 

Don't put legitimate science such as vaccines and round earth as the same category as "Wifi can cook your food the same as a microwave."

There are no health risks from exposure to radiofrequency EMF from Wi-Fi devices in your home, in schools or other areas accessible to the public.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/health-risks-safety/radiation/everyday-things-emit-radiation/wi-fi.html

You want to know why this hasn't been implemented for 2+ years; because there is no scientific reason for it; other than to appease conspiracy theorists such as yourself.

But you guys could easily solve this, by placing the Deco on a smart outlet and putting that on a schedule. 

Options
2022-01-17 10:29:37 - last edited 2022-01-17 10:31:59

@Serpenio 

I would rather say that do not put similar articles and "studies" as a clear position on this issue.

Of course, there is no official statement regarding this issue because no one can imagine that anyone would say that it really causes health problems.

But in our case, this is a different matter.

Here we are dealing with a function that is absolute standard in most similar devices.

And what is worse? Someone have been arguing for over two years that this feature will be available, but unfortunately even official support is not able to provide a true answer. 

I am incredibly disappointed with this....

Options