disable wifi altogether at night time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

disable wifi altogether at night time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
63 Reply
Re:disable wifi altogether at night time
2020-08-01 22:50:32

Dear Kevin or Other Supporters! In this topic: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/164664 You mentioned - M4 Deco will get turn off wifi at night function. Today i installed 2 M4 deco and unfortunatelly i can't find it. That will be very helpfull to disable wifi automatically at night. Pleaes help for me and others to get this update as soon as possible. Lot of cheaper "router" know this. My email addr: tamas.lang@outlook.com please send your feedback to me! Thank you in advance! Tamás

Options
Re:disable wifi altogether at night time-Solution
2020-08-07 12:27:21 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:07:29

Hi All,

Thank you for all your feedback.
Update:

Please refer to the link to get the latest status about this feature:

ECO Mode on Deco

So far, Deco M4 V1&V2 with firmware 1.5.6 and above already supports  Wi-Fi Schedule.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:disable wifi altogether at night time
2020-08-09 16:31:12

@Kevin_Z please get this feature on the Deco M5 as well its needed as it helps your wifi work better and last longer.

Options
2020-08-13 05:02:52

@TP-Link_Deco 

You've been saying this feature is "coming soon" for at least a year. When is "soon"? I realize it is probably more complex of a feature than on a normal solo router, but I know many other mesh wifi systems have this feature, and you already have automation settings that have schedules built in. Why is this so hard? I've bought many tp-link products in the past, but this run around you're giving your loyal customers for a seemingly simple update is ridiculous and is making me think I should look elsewhere for my wifi products. 

Options
2020-08-31 03:48:47

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi 

Do you know when this firmware update will be released to disable the entire wifi in the house? I have 4 M9 at home and hope I can easily disable them through app. 

Thanks, 

GL

Options
Disable the LAN PORT on 2nd Deco
2020-09-03 12:27:36

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi there, I have x2 Deco

Can I disable the LAN port on the second router?

Options
Update
2020-09-03 18:35:40

@tangerine 

done the update and it's worse than the last version

WTF

Options
2020-09-04 02:45:34

@LiebieS 

No, there is no option to disable the other LAN ports on the Deco system.

Options
2020-09-18 20:30:37

@TP-Link_Deco Is there any update on this? I'm sure there are many people checking this forum to see if anything will be released. It would be very handy to be able to turn the WiFi onto a schedule without turning off the devices using plug timers as that kills off the wired connections as well. Is there any solution in progress and if so how far to beta release? It seems the Deco systems just got an updated to do with AES encryption for IOS 14 yesterday, a problem which hasn't been around more than a week. But yet a problem that many people have asked for more than a year has still not been actioned? 

Options
2020-10-05 11:49:42
You have been about to release this feature in an update for the last 15 months, can you be more specific such as which update it will be enabled in? And even better a specific date as to when this will happen? I'd say 15 months means you're not at all likely to be putting this in an update, so you need to prove your words rather than just keep saying it.
Options
Related Articles