Archer C7 - Blocking Various Websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-08 22:22:18
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3
  • Various sites are blocked by the router.
  • I can connect to the sites if I plug directly into the modem, no problem or tethered to my phone so it's not a problem with the laptop/Mac settings.
  • Tried this on 2 PCs and 1 Mac - same issues on them all.
  • Here is what I've also tried: upgraded firmware to latest version, full factory reset, disabled firewall in router settings, disabled all VPN options in router settings, disabled all ALG options in router settings.
  • Also tried flushing DNS on computer, using Google public DNS settings (etc) - but as noted it's not an issue with the PC and IP/DNS because it works fine plugged into the Modem directly.

Any other thoughts or things I should try?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - Blocking Various Websites
2019-07-08 23:08:18

I spoke with Joy at TP Link on the phone - we tried the following and it didn't work:

- Using Google DNS as the DNS for the router (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)

- MAC Address Clone

Neither of these worked.

Options
Re:Archer C7 - Blocking Various Websites
2019-07-09 08:30:39

@michty6 

What is the current network topology?

What are these websites which are blocked by the router? Can you list some examples? 

Have you ever tried to change different web browser and diffrent devices to access these website? 

Meanwhile, with computer connected to the C7, please try to ping these websites and show us the ping results. 

Please verify there is no filtering rule such as Parental Control on the router.

Who is your internet service provider? And what is the current connection type of the router? 

Besides, you can try to change the MTU to 1400 and give it a go. 

Note: Go to network-wan-MTU size page to change it. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 - Blocking Various Websites
2019-07-09 14:00:51 - last edited 2019-07-09 14:01:38

Thanks for the ideas.  Not sure what you mean by Network Topology but if it's structure, it's modem > archer c7 via ethernet.  ISP is Start.ca.

Here are two examples of pages that wouldn't load yesterday:

https://www.speedtest.net/

https://vpay.vbcefx.ca/

Although the latter is now working today - literally couldn't get it to load once while connected to the router yesterday!

I tried various devices (2 x PCs, 1 x Mac) and browsers.  As noted, once I connect directly to the modem, I can access these pages (on all devices), as I can when tethered to my phone - so I know it's not something related to the devices that is specifically a problem and it seems something related to the router itself is somehow blocking them.  FYI - connected to the router by LAN doesn't work either (even though connected to the modem with the same LAN connection does work) - so it's not just a Wifi issue.

No parental controls on the router.  I went through every single setting that could possibly be blocking anything (firewalls, VPNs - every router setting) and turned off anything that could be blocking it.

I tried the MTU at 1400 and 1440 with no luck.

Here's what happens when I ping a site that doesn't work (eg. speedtest):

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 - Blocking Various Websites
2019-07-10 16:31:16

@michty6 

Thanks for your valued reply.

Our engineer will email you later, if you are willing to do further troubleshooting, please check your inbox. 

Thanks for your support and cooperation in advance. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3072

Replies: 4

Related Articles