SSH access (or how to add a custom hosts file)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-09 19:52:07
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Does it exist any kind of custom firmware that gives you the possibility for ssh access?

(if not, feature request: SSH access for advanced users, toggled via the app.)

I would like to use a custom hosts file for LAN-wide adblocking. IE: https://someonewhocares.org/hosts/hosts 

With a cron that updates the file weekly.

Also, is it possible to install openwrt on the deco m9? I read something about it, but couldn't get a clear answer.

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:SSH access (or how to add a custom hosts file)
2019-07-12 02:47:11

@Morten 

Now Deco app is used to manage the Deco units, to guarantee the safety of the communication process; we use SSH to encrypt the data. So the SSH is available on the firmware.

While take the security issue into consideration,  we have already blocked the related SSH tunnels and commands, which makes this SSH available only to the Deco APP.  Other SSH clients cannot control the router via commands. 

Options
Re:Re:SSH access (or how to add a custom hosts file)
2019-07-12 07:43:48

I see! Would be great with a possibility to override this. (On your own risk of course). 

I have been using adblocking on the router for years with a custom hosts file. 

Feels strange to see ads again :). 

Feature request: adblock filtering in the app / firmware. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4110

Replies: 2