5Ghz Network band is not showing on Mobile device (Android)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-13 15:35:12
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190115 rel.71848

Dear Concern,

I'm reporting you with a great sorrow that, I bought "TP Link Archer C6 V2 AC1200 Dual Band" Wifi Router today but the I'm facing spacing issue with this device. The problem is - though this router emits 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band but still the 5Ghz is not showing on mobile devices. I'm using Pocophone F1 by Xiaomi and Asus Max pro M1. Both the devices support 5GHz but for noen of the device 5Ghz is showing. I've updated firmware to the latest point (1.1.0 Build 20190115 rel.71848) but still there is no change. I took it back to the vendor from where I bought this but they said they has nothing to do with it. There for as the last hope I'm knocking here.

Thanks. Regards
Options
17 Reply
Re:5Ghz Network band is not showing on Mobile device (Android)
2019-07-15 05:40:48

@Nahian 

Can 5GHz be detected by other wireless devices which support 5GHz as well? 

Click here to login to the web interface and adjust some wireless settings to give it a go. 

Note: You can adjust the wireless channel from auto to channel 36, 40 or 44. 

Besides, you can hard reset it by holding the reset button/hole for 10s with it powered on. 

What is more, you can contact the tech support of the client device to get some help, like upgrade the OS version. 

Options
Re:Re:5Ghz Network band is not showing on Mobile device (Android)
2019-07-19 02:25:24

Thank you so much for repy.

Yes.. My device (POCOPHONE F1) can detect 5GHz band. As for example, I'm giving you an screenshot. 

If you can see that, my device dectect 5Ghz band network of someone's (unknown) router. But it can't detect mine. As well as I've tried with adjusting the channel to 36, 40 or 44 but it didn't helped. Alos I've updated the firmware version of my router. Take a look of that screenshot.

Unfortunatly this also not helped me. Please suggest me what should be my next step.

Options
Re:Re:Re:5Ghz Network band is not showing on Mobile device (Android)
2019-07-25 08:04:37

@Nahian 

Thanks for your reply. We got some feedback that some mobile devices in Bangladesh supports band 4 only, which is channel 149-165.

While this Archer C6 only supports 5GHz band 1, you can verify whether your cellphone supports band 4 only and you can scan the channel used by the 5GHz network detected by your device already. 

Options
2019-10-29 21:34:33

@Nahian  Please change the region of your device country to Algeria,then turn the wifi off and on again, you will see the 5G signal.

Options
2019-11-04 12:49:12
Please help me telling how to change the region? My galaxy S8+ can't detect the Archer C6's 5GHz band, though it supports 5GHz connection! I am very disappointed with this! :(
Options
2019-11-05 09:25:05

@Ayman_Tanvir 

Can other devices detect the 5GHz of the Archer C2? 

Meanwhile, you can give a call to the tech support of the Samsung to verify the wifi band supported by smart phone. 

And then you can verify whether the Archer C2 supports the related 5GHz band, and you can change the channel manually. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-05 09:39:20 - last edited 2019-11-05 09:40:53

@Kevin_Z 

Yes

Only my redmi note 4x (chinese rom) can detect the 5GHz band

But my galaxy s8+ (SM-G955FD) and Redmi note 4(globar MIUI) can't detect the 5GHz signal :(
And I don't have any option to change the Archer C6's region.

Options
2019-11-05 12:53:33 - last edited 2019-11-05 12:54:48

@Kevin_Z Then why do you sell the EU version of the Archer C6 in Bangladesh, which doesn't support channels 149 to 165?

Options
2019-11-06 03:22:57

@Kevin_Z 
Replying to:

Thanks for your reply. We got some feedback that some mobile devices in Bangladesh supports band 4 only, which is channel 149-165.

While this Archer C6 only supports 5GHz band 1, you can verify whether your cellphone supports band 4 only and you can scan the channel used by the 5GHz network detected by your device already. 

Reply: May I know why TP Link sell this type of device which is not suitable for Bangladesh Region. Beside you said that C6 only supports 5GHz band 1 and my may only support band 4. For for you information, If I change the region of the phone (Say India) then 5GHz (of C6) appears on my device. If my phone only supports band 4 then it should not show the 5Ghz (of C6) after changing the region. Can we get any update of c6 firmwire version so that this problem get resolved?  

Options
2019-11-06 05:07:36

@Nahian bhai, our devices support all kind of 5GHz band but when the devices detect that they are being used in Bangladesh region, the rom installed in the devices deny to connect with the other bands but only allow the Band 4 signal to be connected! :( You're lucky that Xiaomi allows you to change the regions, but Samsung doesn't.... That's why my mobile can not detect the band 1 signal because having a Bangladeshi global rom installed in it.... 

But i wonder why my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (global MIUI) is not detecting the 5GHz signal even after changing the region to India/US! But Redmi Note 4X (Chinese rom) works fine under the 5GHz signal....

It's a poor market analysis of TP-Link that they don't even know that Bangladesh region does not support Band 1 signals most of the time!. :\

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 13161

Replies: 17

Related Articles