Do I need an extra modem or is it part of the router? (TL-WR340GD)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-13 17:46:56 - last edited 2020-09-27 06:46:41
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a TL-WR340GD device that I want to connect to the internet. I cannot connect to it and trying to find the reason.

I know it is a prehistoric model.

Does it already include a modem and should connect to the internet or do I need an extra device, a modem in addtion to this one to get online?

Thank you for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Do I need an extra modem or is it part of the router? (TL-WR340GD)-Solution
2019-07-15 05:55:48 - last edited 2020-09-27 06:46:41

@Bloom 

What is the current network topology/diagram? Is there any device connected to the blue port of the router? 

What kind of network connection provided by ISP? Like the ethernet connection or the DSL/landline connection? For the former one, you can connect the internet source to the wan/blue port of router directly, while you need a DSL modem to synchronize the DSL connection first for the latter one. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Do I need an extra modem or is it part of the router? (TL-WR340GD)-Solution
2019-07-15 05:55:48 - last edited 2020-09-27 06:46:41

@Bloom 

What is the current network topology/diagram? Is there any device connected to the blue port of the router? 

What kind of network connection provided by ISP? Like the ethernet connection or the DSL/landline connection? For the former one, you can connect the internet source to the wan/blue port of router directly, while you need a DSL modem to synchronize the DSL connection first for the latter one. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Do I need an extra modem or is it part of the router? (TL-WR340GD)
2019-07-17 12:05:22
The TL-WR340GD is just a router. You will need a modem or some type of device to connect to your internet service provider (ISP). Your ISP will have a list of devices (modems) that will work. Others may work but best to always get one that is on their list.
Options
Re:Do I need an extra modem or is it part of the router? (TL-WR340GD)
2020-09-26 07:50:03
I need an new tether app passwords
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 932

Replies: 3