C5400 and deco m9 plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C5400 and deco m9 plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C5400 and deco m9 plus
C5400 and deco m9 plus
2019-07-14 10:52:24

I have WiFi issues throughout the whole house and garden. I Use the  internet providers router as a bridge and the c5400 as WiFi router. 

My question is will the deco m9 plus solve my WiFi problems? And can I reuse the C5400 or replace this router for the deco?

pls advice

br g coolen

Options
4 Reply
Re:C5400 and deco m9 plus
2019-07-15 02:26:19

@Gerbert1970 

The Deco is a whole wifi system, while its actual performance depends on the network environment. 

There are 2 options you can choose by your own or test both and select the better one. 

1. Connect the Deco to the C5400 and configure Deco as access point mode to extend the wifi range. 

2. Connect the Deco to the modem directly, in other word, use Deco to replace the c5400 to make it work as the main router, and for the C5400, you can connect it  to the Deco to extend the wifi range. 

Note: Click here to get the differences between AP mode and router mode about Deco. 

Options
Re:Re:C5400 and deco m9 plus
2019-07-15 07:05:40

Thanks Kevin_Z,

Do I gain profit in keeping the C5400 in the network as router?

I will test the whats best but I cannot perfrom a 1:1 test because in the C5400 I have 3x WIFI bands (1x 2,4+2x5GHz) were the Deco combines all frequencies into 1 WIFI signal.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:C5400 and deco m9 plus
2019-07-16 01:10:40

@Gerbert1970 

To make C5400 as the main router, you can use all the features supported, and for the Deco units, you can configure them as access point to get mesh wifi system and avoid the double NAT issue. 

On the other hand, with Deco M9 works as the main router, you can use it as a smart hub and get all the advanced features, some are not supported in AP mode. 

You can give it a go to test what is best. 

Options
Re:C5400 and deco m9 plus
2020-02-17 06:49:20 - last edited 2020-02-17 06:54:48

@Gerbert1970 

Let met share my story regarding the Archer AC5400 V2 and the Deco M9+, and I hope this will save you a true headache.  However, if you have resolve the connectivity challenge of these devices communicating correctly over 400 Mbps, please share with the rest of the World.

• It has been nothing but trouble having purchase the TP-Link line of product.  I went by the raitings, but this has proven to be a fiasco.  The TP-Link devices do not talk nice to each other:
  • If you connect the Deco as an AP, you will be lucky to get over 100 Mbps and this device can go over 1Gbps.  No, is not my connection it is just, the Deco become a paper weight when not behaving as a Router.
  • If you connect the Deco as the Router, that you can get speed over 400Mbps, however it is not consistant.  On the contrary you loose connectivity frequently with no explanation.
  • If the Deco is the Router, then the AC5400 V2 acts-up and does not provide a solid 2.4GHz it will conflict with the Deco 2.4GHz.
  • I had tried to work with TP-link for over 8 month with no avail.  Thier 24 hour support is as good as having none.  One will get bad advice, bad information, etc.
  • I had requested for someone to go over my setting to ensure everything is as it is supposed to be, and I am getting nothing back.
  • I will be surprise if this feedback is posted as it shows, if you can afford the TP-Link line, add a few dollars more and continue shopping to avoid getting additional gray hair or loosing some.

Hope this helps out for those of you that are as frustrated as I am.  As I mentioned earlier, if you have solved the combined utilization of these 2 devices, please share, it will be greatly appriciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1907

Replies: 4

Related Articles