Deco M5 not completing setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-16 13:38:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought a mesh router deco M5 and I am trying to setup it but I am getting an error after the screen where I define the SSID and password for the wireless network. The message says: "Failed to connect to TP-Link Cloud". I have tried connecting the first node directly to my modem and also tried connecting to my existing router. None of it worked. The configuration I am using is Dynamic IP address.

1 - Has anyone faced same issue? Or does anyone know why that is happening?

2 - Is there a web admin interface or only the app for this model?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 not completing setup
2019-07-17 01:55:16

@cramasca 

With computer connected to the modem directly, can it access internet? 

At that moment when the error message pops up, please ensure that the VPN connection has been disabled on cellphone and check whether the cellphone obtained valid IP address.

Besides, you can try to reset the main Deco or use another one as the main Deco to give it a go. 

Please click here to get more information about the web UI feature. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 not completing setup
2019-07-17 04:30:01

@Kevin_Z thanks for your answer. Please find below further clarification.

When I connect the computer to the RJ45 port of the deco node, I can access internet. My cellphone never gets an IP as the wi-fi setup of M5 has never completed and I don't even see the SSID listed on the available networks. Besides that, there is no VPN setup in my cellphone either.

I have tried the 2 nodes that I have, but the issue is the same with both. I have also tried reseting them, but nothing worked.

Last but not least, I have just tried the web interface using tplinkdeco.net but site can't be reached even connected via cable on the deco node.

Please find below the result of the ipconfig when connecting my laptop directly to the deco RJ45 port:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2072:780e:a822:d36%2
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.100
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 1:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : local

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:34f1:8072:38d6:b0d:3f57:ff9b
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::38d6:b0d:3f57:ff9b%15
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 not completing setup
2019-07-17 10:11:21

@cramasca 

Thanks for your reply.

Try to disable the firewall or anti-virus software on the front-end device/modem; and you can change its DNS to 8.8.8.8 to give it a go.

Meanwhile, may I know the model number of the modem?

And please tell us the MAC address of the Deco M5, which is printed on the bottom label of the actual device. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 not completing setup
2019-07-17 12:14:02

@Kevin_Z  unfortunatelly I don't have access to the modem's admin page. It is 100% controlled by my ISP. On the other hand, my previous router was configured and working fine and I didn't need to do any special configuration. It was all standard config. And when I connect it back to the modem, it is still working. Based on all that, I think it has something to do with the deco wifi setup which I can't access as the only way is using the deco app, but it is giving me this error.

Modem model:FiberHome GPON AN5506-02-B

Deco MAC: AC-84-C6-B2-B7-2F

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1037

Replies: 4