TP-LINK RE205 with Macbook

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-16 17:55:48
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a TP-LINK RE205 AC750 Wifi Range Extender and use it as access point for my internet. Now all the devices are running well, except for 1 macbook air. It is a model 2013 and as macOS version 10.9.5 . The TP-LINK is running the newest version firmware. The problem it is having is that does not make connection with the TP-LINK and constaintly is saying that the password is incorrect. Every once in a while it does make connection, but only for a short amount of time. 

I have tried all kinds of things, but nothing seems to work. It is becoming quite frustating. Do you have a solution?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK RE205 with Macbook
2019-07-17 06:07:38

@RogierS 

What is the current hardware and firmware version of the RE205? Please ensure that it is up to date. 

Have you ever tried to forget the profile on macbook and reconnect to the extender? Click here to get instructions. 

Besides, have you ever contacted the tech support of Apple, is there any suggestions? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 1

Related Articles