Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
580 Reply
Re:Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores
2021-11-08 10:43:44

Hello,

I have tha same issue for a few weeks now. I am using the router for 1 year and a half. I have the last official firmware version.

First I thought that the problem was on my configuration, but I read carefully your posts here and I see that I am not alone.

The WIFI 2.4 becomes unavailable randomly. The WIFI 5 is always OK.

I can see the WIFI SSID proposed, but when I try to connect an error says that it is unavailable.

Do you think it can be related to the number of connected devices ? I have cameras and small devices connected for example.

I hope we will have a solution, rebooting the router remotely is not a good idea.

Fonzy

Options
2021-11-08 10:55:33

@Fonzy 

Read all the previous 580 posts and loose all your hope...

Options
2021-11-08 10:58:09
I have a beta firmware that i have uploaded previously, few months ago. And with it nonmore problems...
Options
2021-11-08 11:10:09

@dIaBoLyK 

I just updated to the BETA firmware to 1-3-6-P1[20201030-rel60104]

Let's see in a few days what's happening

Thanks

Options
2021-11-08 18:09:07

@Fonzy: I had the same problem as you are describing. Try implementing the solution I suggested in the message #574 of this thread (currently on page 57). Since, I have applied those changes, I have not observed any issues for months.

Options
2021-11-10 11:56:51

I don't understand why you guys continue to wait for a solution from TP-Link. It's more than a year that I am on OpenWRT and I am so happy since its stable and I can customize the router based on my needs. I installed Ad-block service. I also customized and installed the remote.it service and made the router cloud based. OpenWRT is also recently updated to 21.0.

https://baudhayan.blogspot.com/2020/12/transforming-buggy-tp-link-archer-c6-v2.html 

What are you waiting for?

Options
2021-11-10 12:30:09

Lahiri wrote

I don't understand why you guys continue to wait for a solution from TP-Link. It's more than a year that I am on OpenWRT and I am so happy since its stable and I can customize the router based on my needs. I installed Ad-block service. I also customized and installed the remote.it service and made the router cloud based. OpenWRT is also recently updated to 21.0.

https://baudhayan.blogspot.com/2020/12/transforming-buggy-tp-link-archer-c6-v2.html 

@Lahiri the answer lies in the very link that you've provided: "it is meant for the geeks who have good command over Linux and are able to fix issues encountered during the upgrade process". So, all the geeks moved to OpenWRT long time ago. The rest are relying on TP-Link's (in)competence.

Options
2021-11-10 12:59:05

@Wetterhahn Hello

Thanks for your reply, I will maybe try that solution.

I opened a ticket on tp link web site. Not sure it will help. The router is less than 2 years, maybe Amazon can replace it, I don't know.

Is there a risk about blocking the router ? And is there still an issue about the WIFI 5Ghz stability or performance ?

Fonzy

Options
2021-11-10 15:29:04

Fonzy wrote

@Wetterhahn Hello

Thanks for your reply, I will maybe try that solution.

I opened a ticket on tp link web site. Not sure it will help. The router is less than 2 years, maybe Amazon can replace it, I don't know.

Is there a risk about blocking the router ? And is there still an issue about the WIFI 5Ghz stability or performance ?

Fonzy

@Fonzy there is always a risk of bricking your router even when you're upgrading the stock firmware. There is no stability or performance problem with 5GHz band on my OpenWRT'd Archer C6.

Options
2021-11-11 11:40:34

Lahiri wrote

@Lahiri: In the case of my router: TP-Link Archer C4000 V1 (Archer A20 v1.0), it seems not to be supported by OpenWrt (it's not on the list of OpenWrt devices). At least, I was able to successfully adjust the original firmware, as explained in my previous message #574 of this thread (currently on page 57).

Options
Related Articles