Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
580 Reply
Re:Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores
2020-10-29 06:28:53 - last edited 2020-10-29 09:52:12

Rafayel wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

I am one of the "happy" owners of C6 device. 

My issue is even worse - my 2.4Ghz stops working each X minutes (where X varies from 5 mins to an hour or two) and all devices are disconnected. Meantime LAN and 5G are fine. Any action with 2.4Ghz like change the bandwidth or channel or disable/enable WAN restores the service and then it goes down in X minutes again.

But, even in working stage not all devices are able to connect to WiFi - some devices stay unconnected, after wifi reset they may connect but some others are jumping into unconnected stage. Have to manually push for registration. I have ~25 devices at home (TVs, Phones, Laptops, IP Cameras, smart switches etc), they're able to work with my old WAPs perfectly so it is not an endpoint issue.

I've tried to play with almost everything in router configuration - all parameters in Wireless Settings, disable/enable TxBF/MiMo, DHCP configuration, System Parameters - everything. Nothing helps. Replaced the device in the shop and 2nd device behaves exactly in the same way.

I will happily support you with troubleshooting if you will advise where/how necessary debug logs can be collected and shared with you. Device system log doesn't contain anything useful.

Meantime, as far as I understood from this topic the issue appeared in 1.3.x version only, so maybe you can share one of the old/stable 1.2.x releases with me to install and check if 2.4G is okay or not please?

Thanks.

One note. It seems that router works okay (at least in my case) when number of clients is very few. It worked two days with changed SSID and only 2-3 devices were connected; LAN connections were not used. Router was stable so far. As soon as I've changed SSID back to my regular one, connected LAN client and all my wireless clients reconnected - 2.4Ghz died again. Maybe it will help with troubleshooting.

Options
2020-10-30 06:13:24

@Rafayel 

Hello, thanks for the valued feedback.

May I know how many clients are connected to the C6 2.4GHz, 5GHz and LAN in normal case? You mentioned only the 2.4GHz has the unstable connection issue, so when some devices cannot connect to the 2.4GHz network, are they still able to find it? When you try to connect, is there any error message?

Options
2020-10-30 08:56:27

I got th same problem here with lastest firmware. Hope TPlink fix it soon. 

Options
2020-10-30 09:37:04

@chriskillian 

Hi, we hope you could provide more details as we asked other customers, then we can ask our engineers to further investigate it. Thanks.

Options
2020-10-30 09:42:09 - last edited 2020-10-30 09:48:04

@Kevin_Z  are you kidding? Please read all previous posts.You did nothing for instance in my (in my opinion simple) case!

Options
2020-10-30 13:55:27

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Rafayel 

Hello, thanks for the valued feedback.

May I know how many clients are connected to the C6 2.4GHz, 5GHz and LAN in normal case? You mentioned only the 2.4GHz has the unstable connection issue, so when some devices cannot connect to the 2.4GHz network, are they still able to find it? When you try to connect, is there any error message?

Hi Kevin,

Around 20 devices to 2.4Ghz, 2-3 to 5Ghz and 1x to LAN. These 20x are connected either directly or through wireless repeaters. See the connection diagram attached.

When devices cannot connect to the 2.4Ghz they are still able to find it, SSID is broadcasted. But getting an authentication error message while trying to connect (at least on the phones and laptops).

Hope this helps.

Options
2020-10-31 07:56:24
I also had the issue. Disabling WPS has fixed this issue. It's been weeks and now the problem has been solved for me.
Options
2020-10-31 09:41:42

@Sarcaustic 

How you do to disable WPS ?

Sarcaustic wrote

I also had the issue. Disabling WPS has fixed this issue. It's been weeks and now the problem has been solved for me.

Options
2020-10-31 09:53:04

@dIaBoLyK 

Go to your Router Page

After Login!

Go to Advanced -> System Tools -> System Parameters -> Untick [Enable WPS]

Options
2020-10-31 10:30:57
Ok thanks. And it works since how many time ?
Options
Related Articles