New Deco M5 stopped working after latest download

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-23 09:38:44 - last edited 2019-07-23 09:41:48
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20190617

Installed 3 Deco M5's a month ago and all worked first time. Very pleased with network in my house.  Yesterday afternoon, downloaded latest firmware update and wireless network then went off line.  Checked with Plusnet provider this morning - no problems at their end and Broadband connection working fine on hard-wired I-Mac. Eventually, 're-set' all 3 M5's and re-installed network from scratch.  However, although network is showing as operative, no data is being donloaded. Any ideas please?

Options
5 Reply
Re:New Deco M5 stopped working after latest download
2019-07-24 01:35:54

@PauloMS 

What is the current light status of the 3 Deco? Are they all solid green? 

With modem connected to the main Deco only, please connect your computer to the main Deco and test whether you can access internet; then click here to check its IP address and default gateway. 

Meanwhile, what is the current internet IP address and gateway obtained by the main Deco? You can find them via  the Deco app. 

Besides, try to reboot the modem and all the Deco units to give it a go. 

Options
Re:Re:New Deco M5 stopped working after latest download
2019-07-24 08:26:12

Thank you for your help.  All the Decos were on 'green' however, problem solved.  It seems that the update had changed the internet source from my modem to Deco's own.  When I delved down and found the switching choice and changed back to 'bridge modem', all started to work fine.

Kind regards.  

Options
Re:Re:Re:New Deco M5 stopped working after latest download
2019-07-25 02:04:06

@PauloMS 

Glad to hear that it was resolved finally, thanks for your feedback.

Any further problem, do not hesitate to contact us.

Wish you enjoy the internet with the Deco nodes. 

Options
2020-02-13 20:58:00

Found today, 2 days after doing update, one of my M5s was showing offline/disconnected from other M5s.

Soni unplugged, waited approximately 10 secs, plugged back in, and it now looks completely dead. No light coming on.

Options
2020-02-14 02:07:15

@Steveg 

Hello, what is the firmware version you installed?

Try to reboot the Deco M5, or change another socket to plug it;

You can hold the reset hole for 1s with the Deco powered on and verify whether it works.

Besides, may I know when did you buy this Deco M5?

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2252

Replies: 5

Related Articles