problem with Tether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

problem with Tether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
problem with Tether
problem with Tether
2019-07-27 01:06:00
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180305 rel 51282n

I have problem my router does not appear in the Tether app the only way to see it is when I am at home and connected to the Wi-Fi network.

Can someone tell me how I can control my router from the app and from any network?

Options
5 Reply
Re:problem with Tether
2019-07-27 20:28:02
TP-Link cloud control of router is only supported on Archer C7 from hardware version V4 and above. V2 doesn't support it.
Options
Re:Re:problem with Tether
2019-07-28 18:38:14

Hi.

Do you know if it is possible to upgrade to any of these newer versions?

Or will I have to buy a new one?

Options
Re:Re:Re:problem with Tether
2019-07-29 07:46:22

@Eduarce 

The hardware version is fixed, cannot be upgraded or degraded.

If you want to access the router remotely, you can enable remote management to do that. 

Note: Login  to the web UI and go to “Security → Remote Management” page to set it up. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:problem with Tether
2019-07-29 15:01:14

Thank you very much for your help.

I have studied the option of remote access but I have not achieved it and I think the problem is because I have a dynamic IP from my Interner provider.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:problem with Tether
2019-07-30 01:46:25

@Eduarce 

The internet IP will change automatically if the network connection type is dynamic IP. 

And to access it remotely, the internet IP should be public IP address. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 997

Replies: 5

Related Articles