Deco M9Plus with BTTV/PlusnetTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-27 12:00:22 - last edited 2019-07-30 01:21:14
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

I have a mixed Deco setup with 2 M9Plus (1 is the router) and 2 M5. The M5 are running FW 1.3.1 but the M9+ are running 1.2.8 as I believe that is the latest FW for them. I previously had the router in dynamic IP mode connected to my ISPs router. In this mode, my PlusnetTV YouView box worked and all channels played well without any configuration changes specifically for IPTV in the Deco app.

Today I have replaced the ISP router with a Draytek Vigor 130 in bridge mode (this is what they say to do for BTTV which uses the same tech as PlusnetTV) and then I have configured the main M9Plus in PPPoE mode to connect to the internet. This works well for all internet access but I cannot get any IPTV channels to display. The current 1.2.8 FW doesn't appear to have any custom IPTV modes and just lists 4 presets (Singapore and Malaysia).

Has anyone else used the Deco as a router for BTTV and can give me any hints on getting IGMP Proxy/Snooping working? All I believe I need is enabling IGMP settings, but again, I cannot find these in the Deco app anywhere.

Vince

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Deco M9Plus with BTTV/PlusnetTV-Solution
2019-07-29 07:31:58 - last edited 2019-07-30 01:21:14

@VinceMarsters 

We have released an internal firmware which supports custom in IPTV feature.

You can email our tech support with the thread link to get the upgrade instruction. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support 

Or you can try to set Deco M5 as main router to do that. 

Any further problem, please let us know. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Deco M9Plus with BTTV/PlusnetTV-Solution
2019-07-29 19:30:41 - last edited 2019-07-30 01:21:20

Thanks, I had just been sent the 1.2.9 internal firmware when I got your reply. I was able to get everything working by setting the IPTV mode to bridge and connecting an ethernet cable between the 2 M9Plus Deco units (1 connected to the modem and the other to the set-top box).

The only thing I found missing on 1.2.9 was I can't get to the web interface. I guess this is not available in this version and may come in a released version later on.

Regards

Vince

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9Plus with BTTV/PlusnetTV-Solution
2019-07-29 07:31:58 - last edited 2019-07-30 01:21:14

@VinceMarsters 

We have released an internal firmware which supports custom in IPTV feature.

You can email our tech support with the thread link to get the upgrade instruction. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support 

Or you can try to set Deco M5 as main router to do that. 

Any further problem, please let us know. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Deco M9Plus with BTTV/PlusnetTV-Solution
2019-07-29 19:30:41 - last edited 2019-07-30 01:21:20

Thanks, I had just been sent the 1.2.9 internal firmware when I got your reply. I was able to get everything working by setting the IPTV mode to bridge and connecting an ethernet cable between the 2 M9Plus Deco units (1 connected to the modem and the other to the set-top box).

The only thing I found missing on 1.2.9 was I can't get to the web interface. I guess this is not available in this version and may come in a released version later on.

Regards

Vince

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9Plus with BTTV/PlusnetTV
2019-07-30 01:20:51

@VinceMarsters 

Vince, thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it was resolved finally. 

The Deco M9 plus does not have web UI yet as you know.

Any further problem, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1365

Replies: 3

Related Articles