Deco has TrendMicro: should i delete my antivirus i had already?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-28 16:08:53
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello Everybody! 🌞

It is my first day with TP-Link Deco M5, model AC1300, v. 2.0, "Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System"!  (This form dosen't have the "AC1300" in his choices of model, but it obliged me to choose somethong, so i had to take something else. Sorry for that.)

I had a lot of questions. I took time to read in the forum. I found a lot of answers. But i didn't find for these questions.

I have already a subscription to antivirus. Mine is Avast Total Security (antivirus, antimalware, firewall, etc.) It will end in march 2020.  I have alsto MalwareBytes Pro

We know that it is not good to have 2 antivirus, because each of them work into system files, so they will check each other all the time... Taking a lot of ressources and mabe missing important things...

So... Should i delete my antivirus kit? I know i won't get money back.. I have also other apps from Avast, like Cleaner. It costed me about 150.

The antivirus of TrendMicro, that we get for free for 3 years,  is it a really good and complete kit , or juste a demo, a light version, and we have to pay, for a more complete kit? 

If i decide to keep my Avast kit, is it possible to not receive Trend Micro? Does any antivirus, other than TrendMicro, could make trouble in the Deco kit ?

Are other antivirus able to check correctly into Deco kits, and also into our connected objects, like smartwatch etc like TrendMicro is doing? 

Thanks a lot for reading this long question! By the way, i am french speaker (from Québec) so excuse my mistakes in english! 😉

Isabeau

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco has TrendMicro: should i delete my antivirus i had already?
2019-07-29 07:25:43

@Isabeau 

The Trend Micro applies to the data packets passing through the Deco, while theoretically, it won't affect other antivirus exsiting on the same network. 

With multiple antivirus software enabled, it can be more secured. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Deco has TrendMicro: should i delete my antivirus i had already?
2019-11-09 15:28:22

@Isabeau I was wondering the same, but then I thought: If I take my laptop outside and connect to wifi somewhere else, I still need internet security/antivirus or whatever. 

Options