Chromecast Connection Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-29 20:46:31
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 160707

Hi,

I'm facing an error to connect the Chromecast V3 to my WiFi, It says that I need to disable AP Isolation, But unfortunately I'm not able to find this option in My Router Archer C3150. 

Anyone can help with the solution? 

Thanks.  

Options
4 Reply
Re:Chromecast Connection Issue
2019-07-30 02:59:55 - last edited 2020-01-09 05:59:11

@George_Abodeeb 

Go to advanced-system tools-system parameters page to enable/disable AP isolation on the Archer C3150.

Have you connected the chromecast to the TP-Link wifi? Or it has been connected but no internet access due to the error message? 

What is the current network topology? Does Archer C3150 works as a main router?

Besides, you can try to disable SPI firewall to give it a go. 

Go to advanced-security-settings page to do that. 

Options
2020-01-08 03:53:31 - last edited 2020-01-08 03:57:20

@George_Abodeeb 

Hi George,

To disable AP settings go to advanced> system tools> system parameters. Then look on the screen and uncheck Enable AP Isolation. At the top right you will see 2.4gz and 5ghz. Go to each tab and disable the option for each frequency band. I'm not sure why TP-Link rep said it doesn't exist, I'm looking at these options as I type to you. I have an issue where Chromecast wont stay connected. It looses connection for 1-2 seconds every couple of minutes. 

Mark

Options
2020-01-09 05:58:32

@Mark_Tmann 

Hello, Mark, thanks for your correction.

Yes, you can go to advanced-system tools-system parameters to enable/disable AP isolation. 

Have you ever tried to change the wireless settings to optimize its performance? And you can reserve an IP for it on the web UI on the C3150. 

Besides, you can setup higher priority for this chromecast. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-09 15:49:50

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I have tried priority and also tried disabling smart connect too so they are only on either 2.4 or 5ghz. I was thinking of disabling airtime fairness but haven't tried that yet. I'm having this issue with all google products, (1) 1st gen chromecast, (1) 3rd gen chromecast and (1) 1st gen Google home mini. They are all intermitenly staying connected. Could you give detailed info about reserving and IP or share an article that describes this?

Thanks,

Mark

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3647

Replies: 4

Related Articles