AC750 Wi-Fi Travel Router (TL-WR902AC) no access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-31 15:17:25

Hello,

I have bought the Amazon AC750 Wi-Fi Travel Router (TL-WR902AC) and just connected.

I have in my network already an Ethernet router (gateway) with the IP 192.168.0.1 also I have given to the computers fixed IP numbers.
So I come with the 192.168.0.1 not on the Travel Router and also with the IP 192.168.1.1 I get no connection. According to instructions one should specify in the net "automatic IP allocation", but that does not work with my firm IPs.
The manual is unfortunately not very detailed.

Is there still a possibility to come to the Travel Router despite fixed IP allocation?

I just wanted to connect the Travel Router via Ethernet cable to the main router / gateway so I have a WiFi access point in the other room.
Is this with the product at all or do I need another product?

thank you in advance
Gersh

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC750 Wi-Fi Travel Router (TL-WR902AC) no access
2019-08-01 02:19:00

@Gersh 

So you want to connect the 902AC to the existing router by ethernet cable to extend the wifi range?

There are 2 operation modes you can select: wireless router mode and access point mode;

For the wireless router mode, cause the LAN IP of the main router is also 192.168.0.1, to avoid IP conflict, we need change the LAN IP of 902AC to another subnet, like 192.168.1.1; and the IP of devices connected to the 902AC will be assigned by itself, not the main router.

For the access point mode, you can setup a static IP for it, or you can leave it with smart DHCP enabled. All the devices connected to the internet will be managed by the main router directly.

Below are the instructions:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2028/ wireless router mode 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2029/ access point mode

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2715

Replies: 1

Related Articles