Slow speed and a really strange issues since 1.3.1 firmware update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-01 03:42:02
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I copied and pasted this from the "latest firmware" thread where I posted it last night and haven't recieved a reply. Figured I'd make a new thread as I haven't seen anyone having this exact issue. 

I live in a very rural location without many options for internet. Highest speeds I can get with my provider is 25mbs (during non peak hours which I'll get about 15mbs) Last firmware I had disconnection issues, this update fixed that however I'm now having speed issues and its making it almost unusable. I'm getting 5-10mbs from my already very limited internets speeds. if I plug directly into modem it's anywhere from 15-25mbs. Wiring into the main deco is also showing the same 5-10mbs. 

I'm also having a really strange problem. Almost everyday at the same time my internet goes completely down. It's in between 10pm and 11pm and last for 1 to 2 hours I'll get 999ping and 0 mbs or it won't even allow me to do a speed test at all. A reset of the M5's will bring it back up but extremely slow speeds like 2-3mbs but again if I connect directly to my modem I'll hit 20-25mbs as this is non peak hours. I've done everything. Played with every option. There's no parental setting enabld to make sense of the down time. Ive switchd out the main deco to another to rule out a hardware issue. Done a full reset of all. Nothing works. It's weird to say that I would have rather dealt with all the issues of the last firmware. Plugging into the main deco is showing the same slower speeds as what I'm getting on wifi 

I've had this product since last December. It worked great on whatever firmware was active at the time. Since then I've had nothing but issues with every single update. I'm to a point where I think I'm just done with this and ready to go back to a traditional router.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Slow speed and a really strange issues since 1.3.1 firmware update.
2019-08-01 06:33:41

1. Regarding the low speed issue, have you tried to connect a PC to the other Ethernet port of the main Deco for a check?

2. When you encounter the high ping issue, may I know what's the result when you try to ping Deco's LAN IP address? 

If you get the 999ms delay of ping on a Wi-Fi client, we recommend to make a ping test on the PC wired to the main Deco and check whether it's a Wi-Fi issue only. 

3. Have you enabled the QoS feature? Please try to set the QoS level as Standard and remove all device high priorities rules. Then check if the issue persists.

Options
Re:Slow speed and a really strange issues since 1.3.1 firmware update.
2019-08-01 06:35:46

@GrimReaperMB 

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulty with the Deco units.

We will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

1. Please run a speed test on the Deco app and show us a picture of the test results. 

2. With computer connected to the main Deco by wired cable directly only, please run the speed test for 3 times and click here  to check the wired negotiation speed as well.

Note: The procedures are the same, while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet connection.

3. To do a comparison analysis, when the speed from Deco slows down, connect your computer to the main router directly to verify the speed you can get.

4. Meanwhile, try to disable fast roaming, turn off antivirus features and setup QoS as standard, and clear all the high priority items to give it a go.

Thanks in advance. 

Options
Re:Re:Slow speed and a really strange issues since 1.3.1 firmware update.
2019-08-01 13:19:44

I have set the QoS to standard and removed the single device that I had enabled high priority too. We will see if that makes a difference. 

I have tested the speeds direct to the main deco with a cable and I typically recieved exactly what I was on Wifi. This evening when it goes down at its typical time I will run the speed tests and take screen shots as well. This all started the exact same day as I did the update. Its  just the strangest issue I've come across so far. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Slow speed and a really strange issues since 1.3.1 firmware update.
2019-08-01 19:10:49

Ok I didn't have the entire network go down. That will happen im sure this evening around 10pm. However we did just get some slow speeds so decided to check everything out. 

1st is the screen shot of the deco app speed test. 

2nd test was wired to main deco and got ping 87 ms

Download 8.62

Upload 0.95

3rd test connected directed to modem 

Ping 41

Down 11.22

Up 1.34

Wired into modem vs wired into main deco wasn't to much of a loss however wifi was less then half. Also not sure why it showed 2.5 up when I'm limited by my provider to less then 2mbs upload. The deco apps speed test I find is always all over the place. I typically use a different app for speed tests that will both tell me more information and seems far more consistent. 

I did take pictures of my computer screen along with the time. I'm unsure if there is any kind of personal data the shows up on a speed test that I should be hiding and not making public. 

When it goes down tonight which I'm 99.9% sure it will. It's far more of a change in speeds. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Slow speed and a really strange issues since 1.3.1 firmware update.
2019-08-06 07:29:53 - last edited 2019-08-06 07:30:08

@GrimReaperMB 

Thanks for your reply. 

Try to simplify the network diagram, in other word, please connect one device to the main Deco network by wireless and run the speed test for 3 times. 

Meanwhile, please click here to verify the wireless negotiation speed which will affects the actual speed also. 

Besides, please ensure that there is no heavy traffic application running in the local network. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2102

Replies: 5