Archer C7 - new unit some questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-01 19:33:02
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just plugged this into my existing modem to see if I can get some better network performance. So far the answer is yes. Couple of things though. Is it possible to allow https access to the admin panel? Is it possible to access the admin panel remotely ie when not connected to the immediate LAN?

Third and most importantly - how can I stop it blocking connections from units on the LAN side for DDoS? I got my phone blokced this afternoon and took me ages to work out why. Eventually found two things on the blacklist. Thank in advance.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - new unit some questions
2019-08-02 02:07:05

@MalcB 

WHat is the hardware version of the Archer C7? You can check under advanced-system tools-administration-local management page to verify whether it supports local management via HTTPS. 

And it supports remote management, in the same page you can find it. 

For the DDoS issue, would you please provide more information?  Where did you see the blacklist? 

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 - new unit some questions
2019-08-02 08:07:41

Thanks for that - no idea how I missed that page. Version 5 of the hardware it appears.

As I've delete the offedning entries I can't say for sure but I believe it was in advanced-> security -> access control. But I couldn't swear to it - two devices were listed but I hadn't added any myself. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 - new unit some questions
2019-08-05 01:10:48

@MalcB    

The DDOS  protects your home network against DoS attacks from flooding your network with server requests, while it won't add devices into blacklist under access control.

It seems that the 2 devices were added to access control by accident instead. Anyway, please be assured about the DDOS feature.

For the access control, we need enable it manually. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 - new unit some questions
2019-08-05 09:43:30

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on it. Meanwhile my Sky Q mini boxes have decided to take exception to the change. Some resetting will be in order I think!!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 - new unit some questions
2019-08-06 07:54:24

@MalcB 

You are very welcome; That would be great that sky Q box decided to make some changes.

You can take some time to test its performance.

Any further problem, please let us know.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 - new unit some questions
2019-08-06 10:14:03

Hi

The whole adding to the blocked DoS host list has occurred again (playstation this time). I can easily delete it but why did it get added? Appeared on advanced->security -> settings. I didn't add it and nobody else has access to it to add it.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 - new unit some questions
2019-08-07 10:01:12

@MalcB 

Thanks for your reply; I confirmed again, and it seems that the packets sent by the playstation has exceeded the threshold of the DDOS value so that it got blocked automatically. 

It is suggested to change the sensitivity to high and you can go to advanced-sytstem tools-system parameters to adjust its value.

Then the playstation won't be blocked automatically.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 - new unit some questions
2019-08-07 10:10:25

Thanks. I'll see what happens. Blcoled PS4 again last night and phone this morning. So it should be set to high?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 - new unit some questions
2019-08-08 01:36:04

@MalcB 

To avoid the device being blocked automatically again, you can setup the filter rule to high and edit the value under system tools-system parameters.

Any further problem, please let us know.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1107

Replies: 9

Related Articles